• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yoda trains obi wan to what??(Spoilers)

RolandOfGilead

First Post
Ok, in ROTS, you'll remember Yoda mentions to Obi that while in hiding he must train to master a new power, which we discover is the power to return after death like Quigon did. Yoda employs this technique along with Obiwan famously in the Empire strikes back and return of the Jedi. This creates a problem however:

Anakin is never taught the technique.

But there he is at the end of ROTJ as a jedi spirit.
Now you apologetics might say "Its off screen!" but I believe only yoda, obiwan, and Quigon know the power. Thoughts?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Anakin is more powerful than Yoda and Obiwan. He doesn't need to be taught the power.

Meloncov

First Post
That was a rather bazzare scene. As far as I could tell, it was completely unnessary. It didn't ruin the movie, BUT WHY?

Taren Seeker

First Post
Exactly. Lucas was so eager to show everything, he had to trow in that hackneyed, rushed, "Qui Gon talked to me!" scene.

They are Jedi. The force is powerful and mysterious. People have lived with and accepted the fact of force ghosts for what, 35 years?

It didn't need to be explained. Especially not like that.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Meloncov said:
That was a rather bazzare scene. As far as I could tell, it was completely unnessary. It didn't ruin the movie, BUT WHY?
... It explains part of the next movie.

Remathilis

Legend
There is a scene that was cut: in it Qui-Gon explains to Yoda that by letting go of one's self, they can survive in the Force. "Compassion is the key" he says. The dialogue is in the novel and the graphic novel.

Anakin, by letting go of himself to save his son, achieves the same effect without training (as far as we know...) why? He's the chosen one.

Good an explantion as any we'll get.

Taren Seeker said:
Exactly. Lucas was so eager to show everything, he had to trow in that hackneyed, rushed, "Qui Gon talked to me!" scene.

If he was so eager to show everything the movie would have been much closer to 3 hours. The other Qui-Gon scenes were cut, since in the end, they only repeated what the last one said. Of course, I expect we'll see them on the DVD.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Meloncov said:

Right, totally out of place IMO.

Besides, how does one practice a power that requires you to die to use it?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads