• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[YOGC] Wayfarers RPG now available. Free complete PDF download!

markkat

First Post
Ye Olde Gaming Companye is proud to announce the release of Wayfarers: a brand new Fantasy RPG with an old-school feel.

In one 437 page book, Wayfarers contains a Player's Guide, a Game Master's Guide, a Creature Catalog, and the vivid World of Twylos Campaign Setting. The book is available in both paperback and hardcover. However, the PDF is free!

Download the PDF free at www.yeoldegamingcompanye.com!

-Jimmy

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
This product really takes me back to the beginning. My gaming roots started with 1st edition. The art is superb and some of the fluff/crunch is going to make it into my homebrew.

Do you have plans for a campaign book using the system?

markkat

First Post
This product really takes me back to the beginning. My gaming roots started with 1st edition. The art is superb and some of the fluff/crunch is going to make it into my homebrew.

Do you have plans for a campaign book using the system?

Glad to hear it. If you've any tweaks/takes on the game, don't hesitate to share them with us. We have a couple of such conversations going on our forum at the moment.

As for the campaign setting: We don't have any immediate plans to release a campaign core book. However, the World of Twylos example setting was almost released as a separate entity, and it's entirely possible this will happen as Twylos grows. We are starting work on setting/module-like material, and the first of these will fit within the WoT.

Philosophically speaking, that's where we'd like to spend our energy. Wayfarers was made for home-brewing. Thus, we don't intend to release large supplements to the system itself. We are very inclined to share ideas and system tweaks (our own and others) within an electric or periodical format. But we don't think it serves the game well for the YOGC to publish authoritative system-altering supplements. On the other hand, GMs and players can always benefit from new setting ideas for their campaigns. For this reason, we will focus on campaign/setting material. These pubs might contain system tidbits, such as a new discipline, but in a setting-related context.

That said, we are very keen on community and aim to actively share, promote and support other people's takes on the system. It was for this reason we created the Ye Olde Gaming Alliance (There's a link to the YOGA on our site), and made Wayfarers OGL. One of the best parts of the gaming experience is the sharing of ideas. If anything, it's our aim that Wayfarers will be a conduit for that.

At any rate, I hope you can extract some stuff that will improve your game!

Sigurd

First Post
Every bit of good luck.

I'll look this over.

Its very generous and cool of you to put so many possible stories in people's hands for free.

Thanks.

Sigurd

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads