Yogsathoth and history: Leopold, here it is (Shadow)

G'baal

First Post
The idea I have for Yogsathoths personal secret goal is this...Yogsathoth is an intermediate power hungry evil god. He seeks to become stronger and thus hold more power over others. What Yogsathoth wants is to be free upno the world so he can steal the divine essence of the dead or dying gods upon the world. With their power, he believes he may be able to become a greater diety and thus have more power then ever before. He also seeks to slay all the acting gods as I call them (the people acting as gods in the gods fall) and iradicate all those whom would oppose his rule. With that, he would annex the world with numer adding the world to his power. This is a very rough idea right now with little fluff so far. I just want to create a secret driving force for Yogsathoth, give him a point to want to come into the world in the first place. Anyways, this is the plan...lets change it about and then we can "Fluff it up!".

G'baal

First Post
Ok, since there have been no replies about Yogis true intentions then I keep them. I am now going to post a bit of Yogis past explaining some of his history. In the times before when there still were fiendish gods in the hells amongst the ranks was Yogsathoth. At this time he was merely a Demi-god, a seer, an oracle to those of greater power. He was acknowledged as the greatest of Oracles and trusted with the lives of many a fiend. Nearing the second fiend war, Yogsathoth saw the fall of the dieties...nicluding those of the hells but this time he did not tell as he also saw that he was not to die. Yogsathoth decided that he would delude the gods as much as he could and drive the day forward when they would fall and he could steal there divine essence and take there place. In the end, it all had happened as Yogsathoth had forseen save for one part...he was attacked and weakened severely but not slain as he had seen. He was split into four powers...three remained upon the world while he was trapped in the layers of Numer. His three powers came to the world as spheres that were lost in the world until found by warriors and brought to Abbaye as a gift on their return. Yogsathoth still ived but was trapped in the layers of NUmer for without his stones return he could never cross over. With that knowledge Yogsathoth decided to gather a mass of great fiend lords and cast a dreadful spell, sealing both the seven gates of Dawn and the seven gates of Dusk. Now, all that was left was hope that someone would be foolish enough to free the remaining fiend lords and minions and eventually free Yogsathoth. Thats all for now...its preliminary still but it sounds good and links Yogsathoth to the fiend wars and the fall of the gods around him. He remained because he was not deemed a threat and he was thought to have been destroyed. Anyways, got more for me? Id love to have it. I am tying lose ends right now and soon will be writing a piece of work for DF based on the Yogsathoth idea. Got something else, suggestions...

Imperialus

Explorer
I have an idea for another minion,

Irristfall: Irristfall was once a trusted general under the Lord of Blades. During a major raid into the land of the chained shortly after the foundation of the forge he was set upon by nearly 100 of the Chained God's minions. Though he put up a heroic struggle he was eventually brought down. Bairly alive his body was returned to the Forge where he became the first of the entombed. However the process was uncompleate and his half departed soul went mad during the transition from flesh to metal. At the moment insanity took over he made a pact with yogi and was instilled with a burning hatered towards his former master. He escaped into the mists after killing hundreds of inhabitants of the forge in an orgy of distruction and escaped into the mist. He has been wandring the Kessel ever since killing and maiming anyonehe comes across

G'baal

First Post
Cool idea and he shall be added. There are so many fiends that no one could list them all in one life time. I will add him somewhere along the lines of the fiend generals more favoured fiends. He to though is not alone on the world to this moment as Guta is also alone in the world...infact, it was rumored that the building of the temple of Yogsathoth was directed by Guta after which all that had helped build the temple were slain by him and left dead within the temple itself so that no one could remember where it was save for those with the book that Draako has. Anyways, if you can, keep up the posting as I would love to have more beings known...at least in description. Thanks, keep it up.

G'baal

First Post
Ok, back to tying up lose ends...this is what I need now. To all the creators of the other fiend lords: I need a few things from you to link them somehow to the history of numer. Numer is the hell of DF and so the fiend lords must have come from there. Hence, I need to know when they came from there and when they stayed on the world, why they stayed if they had a choice at all (as some where just trapped by the closing of the gates), how they are related to the other fiends of numer, and how they are related to Yogsathoth. I also need to know if they still revere Yogsathoth or that they have become so corrupted by their own power that they revere only themsleves...this could create some very interesting inter-fiend conflicts. Anyways, I need to link the other already made fiend lords to numer so...help me out. Next, Im going into a bit of fluff about the Celestron Council which was the one day council that began the opposing forces of Yogsathoth. As the gates were sealed and the fiends and celestials that were left fought to the death, two celestials escaped from this battle and headed towards the people. They had fought with the fiend gods and now that the gates had closed wondered if what they had done to defeat Yogsathoth was enough so they turned to the people and gathered a few of the most powerful of the remaining and gathered at a mountainous peak in what was known as the Celestron Council. The two celestials, Melechadar and his brother Ramiel. They warned those people at the council of what may come in a few years and told them to oppose those that would try to open the gates once again. With that, the people left and as the years rolled by, a group began to grow before them...the Order of the Foul. Thus, there war was set. Now, if you want to fluff this up even more (without changing much) please, do so. Anyways, Ill be thinking and waiting for more stuff here...particularily on the exsisting fiend lords. Thanks.

G'baal

First Post
Hello? Creators of the fiend lords? I really need to tie up the lose ends here sometime this year preferably. I am waiting and if I dont get an answer soon I shall craft them into the Yogi story as I see fit like it or not. I just wanted to give you a bit of time to add your own ideas for this and if you dont then I will. Ill give you two weeks at most.

G'baal

First Post
Ok, I have begun work on the connections to the other fiend lords of DF. They should be cranked out soon enough. I wanted to add some new ideas for Yogsathoths greater goals. Now, I believe I mentioned hi gathering the divine essences of the other gods within DF. Ok, thats good. Tose essences should probably bring him up to greater divinity. Yogsathoth though seeks to shed the reliance on mortal beings and become the overdeity of all evil. Of course, this plan is his secret and others would not know it, though Yogi might show it every once in a while. How would he reach overdiety? There is a way which he has disguised as a taking over of the DF. What the other fiends know is that Yogi has planned an invasion and take over of the DF and the eventually annexation of DF to Numer, adding DF as an extension of Numer. With that, he could populate DF with fiends and create a massive army outside the gates of dawn...and when the time is right attempt to invade the heavens. Why? Yogi says for the glory of evil but really it is for him only...he seeks to steal the divinity of the good gods that fell within the heavens thus making him overdeity of the concept of evil. Yogsathoth is after power...as much as he can get...ok, anyways this is just some deep plot stuff to use. Feel free to fluff this up as much as you want and post the fluff here so I can check it out to. Ok, back to the fiend lords.

G'baal

First Post
Ok, Im going to begin connecting the prior fiend lords with the Yogsathoth story starting with the chained god as he is called.

The chained god was one of the most cunning of the fiend lords that resided within the layers of Numer, namely in the layer of Mithrask, the breeding pits of Numer. Born to Pilias of the old order, he held high influence over the weaker fiends, controlling a mass army of hideous mindless automatons bent to his will. At this time, Yogsathoth was merely an oracle at the side of the gods of Numer, but secretly he was quite fond of the sly one as he called him. As the wars came and the chained one passed out of Numer and onto earth for the battle. The chained one remained on earth, spreading his evil corruption across the lands, enslaving all he met in honour of the gods of Numer. Secretly though, the chained one decieved them in hopes of amassing his own personal army. The chained one was relieved when the gates of dusk were sealed and destroyed for now he could live out his desire...his desire to be in charge rather than some god. He smirked as the evil gods fell and turned his back on the other fiends and began to hatch his plans for domination. Now, Yogsathoth had become a god due to the divine essences that were left by his former masters. Yogsathoth saw that the chained one betrayed the gods as Yogsathoth betrayed them to by not warning them of there iminent deaths. Secretly, Yogsathoth is proud of the chained one...one after his own heart Yogsathoth likes to say. The first of all the fiends he wishes to control is the chained one but for now all Yogsathoth can do is wait.

Pilias - Pilias was the father of the chained one. Pilias was part of the line of the fallen gods of Numer. Pilias resided in hell along side the gods as an advizer. When the fall of the gods came Pilias was broken...he did not understand how the leader of his line could fall. As Yogsathoth gained power, Pilias soon understood...Yogsathoth lied about his visions and now the dark lords had fallen. Yogsathoth was glad to see someone cunning enough to see his plan. With that, the rest of the fallen gods lines were slain by Yogsathoths command to make way for a new era in Numer. Pilias to was slain.

Ok, for now. Also, if you wish to add fluff and stuff...go ahead.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
ok i don't follow you on this g'ball.

1. Where are you going with this Yugo guy? Is he the uberfiend?

2. Where are you saying the other fiendlords sprung from? him? another? there?

3. The fiendlords were more or less a group of devils/demons that came from hell and let loose all their might on this plane and then sealed. Are you trying to die in a divinity statement here?

4. chained one? THE chained one? Are you putting him above others? where do you plan to go with them and the rest of them...

just some comments from the peanut gallery...i miss imperilus, tbr, and the others sometimes...but new blood is letting DF live on!!!! Keep it up you and the rest!

G'baal

First Post
Thanks for the great reply there Leopold...its keeping things moving here. Anyways, to get the whole Yogsathoth thing you need to read ALL of his related postings including this whole thread to really understand him. In a nutshell, Yogsathoth was a fiend lord...an oracle really, whom lied to the fallen gods as they are now called. They died, his plan came into action...he became a deity alone by himself...in fear of his safety sealed the two gates and now waits to regain entrance to DF by lulling corrupted mortals and fiends to recreated the gates of dusk, open them, and free Numer upon the DF. Whew...ok, that was really in a nutshell...there is so much more to it then that anad unfortunately it may require some reading on your part if you havent already. As for where the fiend lords are from...lol, Im working on two hierarchies right now as we speak...one based on births, to whom as the parents and the ranking hierarchies. Yes, the fiends are part of a loose hierarchy which is constantly changing due to circumstances. Now, a large part of the fiends did come from the line of Yogsathoth while others where left overs from the older line whom either were trapped and not destroyed as Yogsathoth commanded or they proved to be of some use to Yogsathoth so he let them live still. By the way, I dont quite undertsand what you mean by die in a divinity statement. As for the chained one...what about him? Hes up there in the chain of the old order...son of Pilias and Sephrath. Trust me, this is some big stuff. Please, you have to keep this thing...it has so much in the ground already and is really affecting the history of DF. It ties lots of things together. Anyways...any more Q's...fire away...Im going to continue working on some stuff...Im working on some extra stuff for J'aalek, placing him in the present scenario of things. Anyways, read the stuff if you havent (this thing includes several other Numer Yogsathoth Fiend related threads). What ever you do...do not shoot down the idea...dont do it. Please. This is some good stuff.

Last edited:

Remove ads