OSR You All Meet In A Tavern - a B/X 'clone designed for fast one-shot adventures!

Payndz

Made You All Meet In A Tavern; also writes novels
It's taken about five years, but I finally finished my long-gestating B/X retroclone You All Meet In A Tavern and put it up on Drivethru. Technically I suppose it's not really a "clone", as every aspect has been rewritten with an emphasis on speed and ease of play, and the whole game is intended for single-session adventures with a set victory objective. But it's very much intended to evoke the spirit of the old games, and adventures written for B/X and 1e can be ported to it with a trivial amount of conversion work!

You get a 114-page PDF rulebook in both spread (for laptops and print) and single-page (for phones and tablets) formats, the sample adventure Path of One Thousand Prayers, and printable character sheets for all the classes. And it's completely free!

Download link here: You All Meet In A Tavern

If you like it, let me know!

Attachments

• YAMIAT cover.jpg
    YAMIAT cover.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 72
  • chara spread.jpg
    chara spread.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 68
  • combat spread new.jpg
    combat spread new.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 70

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Well, that looks pretty awesome! Love the cover typeface, too. It evokes... Krull? Beastmaster? All the cool '80s fantasy?

Payndz

You All Meet In A Tavern's first expansion is available for free download on Drivethru! It's a character pack with four new classes - the Champion, Half-Genie, Berserker and Illusionist.

Attachments

• YAMIAT pack 1 cover pic.jpg
    YAMIAT pack 1 cover pic.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 50
  • YAMIAT illusionist spread.jpg
    YAMIAT illusionist spread.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 51

Payndz

I've put up a new adventure, The Isle of Doom, as a free download on Drivethru.

Get it here.

Enough people have now asked me about a Print On Demand option for the main rulebook that I will do one; it'll just take a bit of time to sort out, as I'll have to convert all the art to CMYK with the right PoD colour profile and go back into the file to add all the page bleeds - which in turn will mean I'll have to pay for a Creative Cloud subscription! I might have to make it a Pay What You Want option rather than free to cover my costs, but I'll decide that down the line.

Attachments

• isle of doom cover.jpg
    isle of doom cover.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 45

Remove ads