EN World You Bastard! The Revenge - Game Central

Gomez

First Post
Does anyone remember the name of the Martial Arts Fighting game that was played on Enworld a long
time ago? It had a move generator and there was a judge involved.

There is some interest in trying to get this game up and running again. Discussion starts here.

You Bastard! Rules

You Bastard! Generator

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
I believe you are talking about "You Bastard!" or YB as it was shortened to. I was highly involved in the game way back then and loved it. Here is a link to a thread with other links to the generator and rules and such for the game. This thread is the last time the game was attempted to be rebooted I think. I gotta ask since you are asking about this, did you play back then too? Or are you trying to get this game started again? I'd be interested if you are. I'll keep checking back to this thread to see what develops.

Phoenix8008

First Post
I remember Yellow Sign! You, me, Wicht, Lady Tsin, and many others of us enjoyed YB back in the day! So are we trying to restart some YB playing here, or just reminicing?

KDLadage

Explorer
Yes. YB! (and the later incarnation YBA!) were a lot of fun.

I wrote the original javascript to generate the weather (later becoming the initial location), the insults, and the moves.

When the second generation of the game was being worked on, I took the generator too far... almost killed the game! :) I still have my notes and files from those days.

I do miss playing The Vagabond...

Phoenix8008

First Post
I have some print outs of a couple of the best battles including my favorite fight between my Nikodemus and Lady Tsin. Those were some VERY good times. Despite the fact that being that heavily involved actually cost me a job at the time from spending too much time internetting! :blush:

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'd be willing to judge a match if nobody else wants to. Last time we did a 'Demo' match, I got to be one of the fighters, so it's somebody else's turn. Gomez, since you started this revival this time, I'd vote for you to be one of the first fighters if you want.

Remove ads