• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You can not kill me, I am rich.

Dargon

First Post
I give you a challenge, give a 15 lvl mage the best protection (from everything).
You know every spell, have 1.000.000 Gp to use, unlimted xp for creation and all the craft feats. You may design you own items using the rules from DMG or use already existing equipments from all official material.

Thanee

First Post
1) Research an instanteneous version of Mordenkainen's Magnificient Mansion.

2) Use Limited Wish to cast Forbiddance in there.

3) Get lots of books.

No wait, make that 0), otherwise you might get killed on the way to the library.

Bye
Thanee

Felix

Explorer
Dargon said:
You are not protected from getting bored, and it is not very practical.
Think of it this way: Bind an angel, or some angelic association, to cast Freedom on you in 1,000 years or so. Put your gold in a mutual fund in Sigil. cast Imprisonment on yourself.

You'll be protected, not bored (suspended animation) and be even more filthy rich. Rinse, repeat.

After 10,000 years, buy the Prime Material Plane and do what you will with it. :D

Dargon

First Post
Bind an angel, or some angelic association, to cast Freedom on you in 1,000 years or so.
Like you idea but what spell/item would do that

Research an instanteneous version of Mordenkainen's Magnificient Mansion.
Can’t do that, you can only cast printed spells (from the official books). Only exeption is a spell that let you follow one that cast teleport/dimdoor/planeshift/etc.

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Felix said:
After 10,000 years, buy the Prime Material Plane and do what you will with it. :D
After 10k years (or even 1k years), you awake to discover that the organization holding your mutual fund was gutted in one of Sigils many factional conflicts. It's assets were looted, and you are penniless.

Woot! You now have a reason to go adventuring again.

lukelightning

First Post
Simple! I sell him one of my +99 Rings of Epic Ultimate Protection and Resistance To Everything for 10gp because I want to win this contest.

Felix

Explorer
Dargon said:
Like you idea but what spell/item would do that
I'm sure you could manage it with the Planar Binding suite of spells. Perhaps use Contact other Plane to see if the angels would be amenable to such an agreement, and Sending to let the specific angel know when you're going to cast the spell so it's less of a rip-you-from-the-heavens-without-your-consent, and more of a we-have-an-appointment-on-Thursday.

RainOfSteel said:
After 10k years (or even 1k years), you awake to discover that the organization holding your mutual fund was gutted in one of Sigils many factional conflicts. It's assets were looted, and you are penniless.
The alternative is that the organization did very well for the past 1000 years, and because their entire extraplanar empire is built upon your capital, they refuse to pay you back. So you have to get it from them.

Remove ads