• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You cannot die from starvation or thirst

Drowbane

First Post
Well considering that for a troll, anything that isn't on fire or acidic is pretty much a "sap"... I've seen Trolls "sapped" to negatives quite a few times.

"Bring out the torches!!"

kjenks

First Post
Drowbane said:
Well considering that for a troll, anything that isn't on fire or acidic is pretty much a "sap"... I've seen Trolls "sapped" to negatives quite a few times.

"Bring out the torches!!"

For trolls, I like to use buckets instead of torches. Drowning is always lethal.

Sejs

First Post
kjenks said:
For trolls, I like to use buckets instead of torches. Drowning is always lethal.

I think it was Hyp that pointed it out - just cut out their lungs. I mean if you've already got chopping implements in hand, it's a lot more convienant than having to drown 'em.

And sans lung they're suffocating just as quickly, even if the removal itself was subdual.

mvincent

Explorer
Particle_Man said:
New Question: If someone has taken subdual damage from a sap to the head, and then after that takes subdual damage from thirst and is knocked unconscious as a result, would this rule still apply?
That seems unlikely to be an issue. You take thirst damage daily:
"the character must make a Constitution check each day (DC 10, +1 for each previous check) or take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage"
which cannot be recovered as normal:
"Nonlethal damage from thirst or starvation cannot be recovered until the character gets food or water"

Whereas normal subdual damage would likely be healed before environmental subdual damage becomes an issue:
"You heal nonlethal damage at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per character level."

However, yes, I suppose if you took a lot of environmental damage after you had sustained a lot of regular subdual damage, (by RAW) some of it could be lethal. But this would not occur if you took the regular subdual damage after the environmental damage.

Note that non-lethal damage goes up from damage while regular hit points go down. This seems to imply that you can accumulate a huge amount of regular subdual damage without dying... you will just be unconscious for a longer time.

ceratitis

First Post
Sejs said:
I think it was Hyp that pointed it out - just cut out their lungs. I mean if you've already got chopping implements in hand, it's a lot more convienant than having to drown 'em.

And sans lung they're suffocating just as quickly, even if the removal itself was subdual.

dont the lungs grow back? mmm how fast can they do that?. btw one can combine what you both said and simply cut the jagular and the windpipe=> lungs filled up with blood and he drowns.
Z

Remove ads