• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You have only hours to wait...

OnlineDM

Adventurer
So far so good! I'll post an extended review on my blog once I've had a chance to read the whole thing.

For now I thought I'd share something I liked from the early pages (spoilers ahead, of course):

[SBLOCK]When I read the following on page 2:
The Island at the Axis of the World said:
The duchess plans to assassinate her brother during the launch of the Coaltongue, lay the blame on Danor, then attack Axis Island and reclaim it as Risuri territory.

All I could think of was Prince Humperdinck of The Princess Bride:
Prince Humperdinck said:
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Given that this is from one of my absolute favorite movies of all time, that's a good thing in my book.[/SBLOCK]

benfromidaho

First Post
YEA! I've got my copy downloaded. I read through the first few pages before I have to head off to work, and it looks stellar. I can't wait to get through the whole thing on my lunch break.

Is_907

First Post
Just read the intro and started into Act One. Really good stuff so far!

When does this come out in print? I love PDFs but if I run this I'd want it bound and in my hands! ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just read the intro and started into Act One. Really good stuff so far!

When does this come out in print? I love PDFs but if I run this I'd want it bound and in my hands! ;)

The PoD version generally lags behind the PDF version by between 4 days and 2 months, depending on what random dice rolls the people at RPGNow make. I've never been able to discern a pattern!

But it will be. The Player's Guide and Campaign Guide are both already available in print, and they look gorgeous.

Falkus

Explorer
That is a very good adventure; I love it. I cannot wait to run this! Just a few months until I can get the time and location to pull a good sized group together.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Looks fantastic! I must read it all. Already I've found some real gaming gems. I love how the skill challenges are broken down into playable sub-chapters. The prophesy was a nice touch and the jig was a funny addition.

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
I did notice one thing: During the encounter on the RNS Coaltongue, various relevant terrain features are said to be marked by letters on the map - but those indicators are not present on the maps presented. It's still pretty easy to intuit where they are, however, so it's not a crippling issue. Also, the early social scene "The Crowd" prior to boarding the Coaltongue is marked as a Level 15 Social Encounter, rather than Level 1.

Other than those minor editing issues, I'm quite fond of the non-standard monster design and encounters in the adventure - and I'm very glad that there's a solution to the whole "party encounters high level NPC/possible enemy, sucks to be you!" situation that seemed to pop up every so often in WotBS.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
The letters are there, but tiny—if you're using the low-res PDF, they're almost entirely obfuscated by the loss of resolution. It's something I noticed late in the production cycle and didn't have time to do anything about. :( If it helps, the "W" markings are on the Berth Deck, and the other markings are on the Engine Deck.

Remove ads