• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You know you're playing too much when. . .

The_Gneech

Explorer
"Play ... too much...?"

Can those words meaningfully exist in a real sentence?

-The Gneech <-- wonders what it's like to play too much

diaglo

Adventurer
The_Gneech said:
"Play ... too much...?"

Can those words meaningfully exist in a real sentence?

-The Gneech <-- wonders what it's like to play too much

your skin chafes and you get nasty blisters. plus it makes it difficult to move around.

devilbat

First Post
I always get jealous when my associates talk about their DND transfers. Of course, they're talking about Department of National Defense.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
GrayIguana said:
Ever see the letters NE, and think Neutral Evil before you think Nebraska? Even when it is was written in the context of "Omaha, NE"?

I actually had a small brain freeze at work while looking at a client's address. Granted it was only a few seconds, but I thought it was humorous enough to share.

I was watching "The Polar Express" last weekend. The conductor kept punching tickets and making the letters "LE" with the punched holes. I commented to my wife that he was telling the kids they were Lawful Evil and that the train was bound for hell, rather than the North Pole.

Of course in my case it is not because I play D&D too much, but more because I want to play again. I see D&D references everywhere, kind of like how to starving cartoon characters everyone else looks like a big roasted chicken or hamburer.

Alhazred

First Post
GrayIguana said:
Ever see the letters NE, and think Neutral Evil before you think Nebraska? Even when it is was written in the context of "Omaha, NE"?

I actually had a small brain freeze at work while looking at a client's address. Granted it was only a few seconds, but I thought it was humorous enough to share.

I was pre-registering a student, whose middle initials were LE. I thought to myself, "Does the college really want to admit a Lawful Evil student?" My co-workers wanted to know why I was both crying and laughing.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
dave_o said:
I don't really do too much of this in day-to-day livin', though sometimes my girlfriend makes cute D&D jokes.

But I'm just chiming in to say that in my hometown of Versailles, Kentucky there's a street called Helm's Deep. No street, or road, or anything.

Just Helm's Deep.

(There's a castle there too!)
There is a Quidditch Lane here in Cambourne.

That's probably the only interesting thing I can think of to say about this place...

Satori

First Post
My life is full of silly DnD-isms from both me and my fiance.

"Honey, stop trying to dab my eyes, you keep rolling ones"

"Oh honey! You're a ranger!" (after a stray cat jumped in my lap and started purring)

"She has SUCH a low Charisma!"

Something about calling "Fork and Knife use" dual wielding made me laugh once.

dave_o

Explorer
Ceresco said:
Yeah, but in Versailles, KY the pronounce it Ver-sales. (I live in Lexington, KY) So who knows why Helm's Deep got it's name.

Besides the D&Disms of failing various skill or stat checks, I refer to my dog as my animal companion. My girlfriend calls me a barbarian every time I use a farmers handkercheif.

That they do. As well as other people in Kentucky prouncing Egypt as Egg-wiped.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads