• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You last "Kill"

KB9JMQ

First Post
A gargoyle.
We are asleep camped in a pitchblack valley of volcanic rock when one of the players makes his spot roll and sees flying creatures but forgets to tell the next person on watch whom fails his.
After they ambush us I am fighting along side the TWF Ranger who wounds one of the creatures while I am casting Divine Power defensively. Next round my Cleric6/HunteroftheDead2 gets a critical and decapitates the gargoyle.
We won the battle but our halfling rogue took alot a damage from fighting two by himself for several rounds.
The funniest thing was the only damage the Ranger took was when he ran across the sharp basalt rock to help the rogue he tripped and cut himself for 1 point while we are all at least moderately damaged.

Bregh

Explorer
My last kill was Cedric the Medium, who fell to the vile proboscis of a wandering giant tick. :]

In the same session, the scythe of a trapped grim reaper statue also did for Cedric's boon companion, Darien (also a Medium). :D

These lack-worthies were brought to the surface by the straggling survivors of their expedition and laid in the earth, and sadly none of their valuables were left for my monsters to find. :(

Maybe there will be better pickings next time. :p

eris404

Explorer
It was a purple worm. We pretty much just stood around it and beat on it until it stopped moving. It did swallow one character's cohort, but he was able to slash his way out of it. We didn't have the time or inclination to look for treasure - no one really wanted to look for its, ummm, poo, and we saw that more worms were on the way. We didn't want to take them on because we were really scared the huge demon we saw earlier might hear us. :uhoh:

eris404

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:
In an evil game set in Greyhawk, my 7th level rogue/8th level disciple of Baalzebul gutted a 1st level commoner servant who had failed him.

But first, the purple worm! :D

That's a much more entertaining version of the last session's events, I must say.

the Jester

Legend
Just last game I killed the paladin in one of the groups I run.

The party was at sea and a feyopus attacked (a giant octopus advanced to 10 HD with a fey type deadly sea siren template slapped on it). It grappled several sailors and a couple of pcs. One pc broke free, but the paladin, realizing he'd sink (heavy armor at sea :\) just kept countering its constriction damage with Divine Vigor. Eventually, the party wounded the feyopus enough that it jetted away with its dinner.

At least it didn't destroy the ship. :confused: :cool:

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
eris404 said:
But first, the purple worm! :D

That's a much more entertaining version of the last session's events, I must say.

Yes, but Nevezar (my character's cohort) must start remembering to use his Superior Expertise to avoid getting munched on. This is the second session in a row that he was brought near death because he neglected to kick in his AC-boosting that can take him from AC 26 to the low-40's.

drakhe

First Post
Dire bear!

Us is 2 Uthgar barbarians (one my char, the other an NPC), a Thay'an slave/latent sorcerer (other PC) and a Dragon warrior (NPC), pretty low level (most are 3d level, one is 5). We're looking into an attack on a lumber-camp. The Draggon warrior NPC has to take a crap, se me and my barb. friend take a moment to check for tracks & trails. The crapster gets attacked by a dire bear. Beat it in the end when the sorcerer did a reduce on the bear.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
My last kill was as a DM. Jadrek Falco, Sharn Freelance Police, was flanked by two skum rogues while investigating a series of murders in the Styes and took 57 points of damage in two hits, rendering him little more than a sack of meat.

The only reason the Sharn Freelance Police were in the Styes in the first place (IMC, I've put them in Karrlakton) was because of Falco, who's been attempting to prevent a war between Karrnath and Breland practically single-handedly by destroying the Order of the Emerald Claw. At least, that was the idea. The rest of the Freelance Police, realizing how stupid this is, are going back to Sharn before bringing Falco back to life, so he can't keep dragging them on his suicidal crusade.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads