• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You last "Kill"

nameless

First Post
A cloud giant who fell to my mighty level 11 dragonmarked heir/archer.

It was comically easy because of the staff of illusion I found in a previous encounter. I saw the Giant coming and cast mislead, invisibly finding a good spot to attack from, while the illusionary me greeted the giant, threatened him, and then tricked him into thinking I wasn't a threat. As the giant ran away, inviso-me launched a full attack, doing a nice 50 damage or so. He spent his next action throwing a boulder at the illusion of me, and got another faceful of arrows in the mean time. Since I won initiative, I got my third round before his second. The next three arrows included a critical hit, which brought the giant down before he even figured out which square I was in.

Now I own a giant-sized castle in a Lammania manifest zone. :D

nimisgod

LEW Judge
My last kill as GM was last Thursday when I flanked my brother's egoist PC with two rogues. He lasted for a few rounds, to his credit. But with no support from the melee tanks, the party healer eventually went down, full of sword-wounds.

Earlier in that session, I used some ghouls to paralyze and coup de grace my sister's ranger PC and another PC's paladin mount.

Good times. Good times.

MetalBard

First Post
The last things that Mithras killed were some customized stone golems from a 2nd edition Dragonlance adventure. Converted to 3.5, of course.

They were nasty.

Kri8or

First Post
My last kill was, um, a party. After getting hit by half a dozen Glyphs of Warding (yes, actually hit by them, they just didn't learn) they decide to go through the big arched doorway. Without searching first. All bunched together. Symbol of Weakness. I rolled Str damage in the open, turning 2 members of the party into piles of jelly, the mind witch was still up and the ranger was at Str 7. The invisible lurking grey slaad (earlier the witch had thought about Invisibility Purge, but didn't want to "waste" the spell) hit the mind witch with a power word stun, and went to work with lightning bolts. After that it got no better.

I felt a little bad about it and did let an npc teleport in to keep it from being a tpk. But we're all totally aware that's what it was.

Last edited:

vince33

First Post
my last kill was a spellcasting kraken in the water plane
and i mean spells like wail of banshee and chain lighting

Last edited:

NiTessine

Explorer
Some random mook that I beat into submission with a fallen branch in a WFRP1E game at a con today. Disemboweled with a blunt instrument. Nasty way to go.

My PC later fell in battle against the BBEG.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Killed a cool PC this morning. He got hit by the spellstitched mummified swarmform minotaur fighter 6, and failed his Fort save against mummy rot.

So the fight goes on for a while after, the PCs eventually beat down the monster. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief, having forgotten about the blown save.

Then the rot kicks in and the PC loses 6 Con, which drops his hit points to -10 exactly. He rots away to dust while his companions look on helplessly.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
alsih2o said:
Please tell us about your last kill. Whether it was a PC, on orc or a huge black dragon.

What was killed? How did you kill it? What loot did it have, if any?

Alotta drow. Stinkin' drow! And a gargantuan spider too! We're a party of dwarves in the City of the Spider Queen module. And have a booku of potions and mithril armor to lug around.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
My last kill was Tatsu, a level 10 monk / 9 tattooed monk.

He was in Stone Giant form at the time. An improved invisible rogue / shadowdancer / assassin got him from his position spider climbing on the ceiling... watched him for three rounds, the grabbed his hair and cut his head off. The party was surprised to see the stone giant monk crash down among them, with his head remaining up in the air as if the body had never fallen.

To be fair, the party had killed the rest of the NPC shadowdancer team in question (slightly advanced from the Worms in the Reliquary scenario from Dungeon Magazine), with the Ranger giving them the most trouble. They followed the assassin down a corridor and lost track of him once they got into a temple... where he had just invisibled himself and climbed up to the ceiling and crouched perfectly still and silent, waiting for the right moment.

There was no loot... the assassin just hauled ass to get out of there, and the party killed him before he got far.

Starglim

Explorer
Things have been slow now that I think about it. I don't think a character of mine has killed anything for the last 5 sessions in various games. It must have been a grimlock in the under-levels of Sharn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads