• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"You realize, of course, this mean war."

Scribble

First Post
You're saying that, but you've obviously never felt the joy of playing the Long One, in all his glory, a crowning achievment in the teamwork provided by the other players...

The long one is WAY too powerfull! I mean you don't even need the square, or L-shaped one let alobne that weird zig zaggy piece that always screws you up. pshhh if all you had was long ones, you'd end up witha tetris every 15 minutes!

Long ones are BROKEN!

The long one is WAY too powerfull! I mean you don't even need the square, or L-shaped one let alobne that weird zig zaggy piece that always screws you up. pshhh if all you had was long ones, you'd end up witha tetris every 15 minutes!

Long ones are BROKEN!

Probably someone will come in and say "But a good DM will ensure that there is an equal and random distributions of tiles and that the Long One will thus not overwhelm the game". Sure, a good DM - but what is with a beginning DM who might not understand all the implications? He will play with a Long One only group and think the whole game is pointless!

KingCrab

First Post
Probably someone will come in and say "But a good DM will ensure that there is an equal and random distributions of tiles and that the Long One will thus not overwhelm the game". Sure, a good DM - but what is with a beginning DM who might not understand all the implications? He will play with a Long One only group and think the whole game is pointless!

There's no reason to punish DM's who have been playing the game for years with this 'advice' garbage in their DMG. They should have come out with a second DMG and called it 'The DMG for Noobs who are Dumb.' I'm sure it would sell great.

I'm still wondering when modern gaming will catch up with a fantastic innovation from the 80s crpg Leather Goddesses of Phobos - why don't modern games come with scratch and sniff cards?? Think about it: you want fluff in your MM? How about the scent of a displacer beast??

But what about the scent of an otyugh, or Cloudkill?

Destil

Explorer
Yes. Yes he does. And where is FFT the RPG? I want Monks who can punch people from 40' away through a wall!
I actually entirely rebuilt Star Wars: Saga Edition to run an Ivalice game (after all, Final Fantasy XII: Best. Star Wars Game. Ever.) in the spirit of FFT... though the party's Baanga monk went with more Str than Wis. I think he punched his way through a wall once, if that counts?

Er... I mean, your mom's square block!

Remove ads