• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Your 4e Bucket List

DonAdam

Explorer
What's missing from 4e that you would like to see before all WOTC's mechanical prowess gets directed to 5e?

Here are a few things I would love to have:

1) An essentialized Warlord. All out with no Daily powers.

2) I would also welcome an essentialized Monk and/or Avenger.

3) Easier to access melee basic attacks for the melee classes that don't have them (Avenger!).

4) An Unearthed Arcana article with a decent wounds system, preferably built on the disease tracks.

5) Some more setting-specific themes.

How about you?

Saagael

First Post
I'm quite happy with the state of 4th edition at this point, actually, and will probably continue to play it after 5e is released.

One thing I really want, though, is a chance to play an epic tier adventure. I'm running 2 games, both of which are epic tier, and yet I've never played higher than 10th level. That irks me.

I would like to remove the point buy system for character creation and a have an half point buy half random system in order to have different PC but still left to the player the class choice

exile

First Post
I'm quite happy with the state of 4th edition at this point, actually, and will probably continue to play it after 5e is released.

One thing I really want, though, is a chance to play an epic tier adventure. I'm running 2 games, both of which are epic tier, and yet I've never played higher than 10th level. That irks me.

The highest level game I played was the first EPIC adventure for LFR. I would really like to play a few more of those adventures.

Has 4E produced a viable necromancer class (or wizard build) yet? It seems like a pretty iconic character type that should be able to built in a fashion not too different from the summoner wizard.

Saagael

First Post
The highest level game I played was the first EPIC adventure for LFR. I would really like to play a few more of those adventures.

Has 4E produced a viable necromancer class (or wizard build) yet? It seems like a pretty iconic character type that should be able to built in a fashion not too different from the summoner wizard.

There's a necromancy and nethermancy school that was added in Heroes of Shadow. Kind of a waste of an idea though; they could have done so much more with a necromacer class, rather than another generic wizard school.

exile

First Post
There's a necromancy and nethermancy school that was added in Heroes of Shadow. Kind of a waste of an idea though; they could have done so much more with a necromacer class, rather than another generic wizard school.

Yeah, I flipped through the book and saw some of those powers. It's on my shelf, and I should probably give it another look. That said, I think I agree that those schools did not really fulfill what I think a necromancer should be.

Rechan

Adventurer
1) An Open Grave/Demonomicon book dedicated to Fey. We're not getting one (I had a friend ask at D&DXP) but damn if I don't believe we should get one. I've been demanding this from the beginning of 4e.

2) A Divine Striker that focuses on ranged magic. A Divine Warlock or an Avenger with implement powers that punishes a single target from the back. I want to play an Exorcist/Archivist/etc. I don't see us getting any more classes/builds/whatnot so I don't expect this anytime soon.

3) More themes period. We have very few, and not a whole lot that are a little more broadly applicable in nature.

The Human Target

Adventurer
Yeah, more general themes is a good one.

There are so few as to be borderline useless.

Also- let me house rule in the online builder! And do anything else I could do on the old one!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads