Your favorite food?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
From when I wa a kid I had a favorite that I haven't had in decades. Pot Roast with sour cream gravy and ... umm, kunufula. At least that's what we called it. It was some type of solid (non-filled) bread/dough-ball fist-sized dumpling sort of thing that my grandmother made that was supposedly Slovak. Traditionally it was served with "tomato oo-mash-goo" (again a phonetic spelling from a couple decades ago) which I think they made once, but usually we had it with the sour cream gravy. (And sliced up and fried with eggs the next morning.)

No idea what either of those really are to find recipes online, and I don't believe anyone in the family knows how to make the dumplings anymore.

The pot roast was done in a pressure cooker and was nice and tender - I guess nowadays a crock pot/slow cooker would also work charmingly.

ccs

41st lv DM
Salmon.
Ideally fresh caught & prepped by myself that day.... But since I don't live anywhere close to wild salmon store bought has to suffice. And it's probably a good thing I don't as I'd probably run afoul of some poaching ordnance.
Virtually any recipe is fine (I'll even eat it as sushi!) - wich is great as there seems to be no end of them.

I think I was a bear in a previous life.

A good salmon fillet is a wonderful thing. A local restaurant makes a lovely wasabi-glazed salmon dish.

In regards to seafood, jumbo scallops are too delicious. And I love monkfish, but that membrane can be a monster to remove.

Salmon.
Ideally fresh caught & prepped by myself that day....

Remove ads