• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your favourite 'real world' Pantheons/Mythologies

Your favourite 'real world' Pantheon/Mythology?

• Babylo-Sumerian

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Celtic

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Central American (Aztec)

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Egyptian

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Greco-Roman

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Indian (Hindu/Vedic)

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • North American (Amerindian)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Norse

Votes: 63 51.6%
  • Persian

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 14.8%

Hi all! :)

Just wondering what everyones favourite Pantheons/Mythologies are!?

Its multiple choice by the way!

The polling list only incorporates 10, or rather 9 + 'other'.

You could also choose from (not an exhaustive list obviously):

- African
- Canaanite
- Chinese
- Finnish
- Inca
- Japanese
- Oceanic
- Slavic

Aeris Winterood

First Post
wooohoooo... first one to post!

Celtic mythos are close to my heart because my ancestry points in that direction. If anyone would like to read some awesome books pertaining to Celtic mythology check out these books by Morgan Llewellyn (sp?)

Red Branch
Lion of Ireland
Druids
Bard
Pride of Lions

She has plenty more and they all rock.

Last edited:

Aaron L

Hero
I voted for Greco-Roman and Eqyptian, and I see I am in good company :)

I love Ares and Athene, and Osiris and Anubis and Set. I just voted for the pantheons with the largest number of gods I liked, I guess.

shilsen

Adventurer
How shall I tell thee, let me count the ways

Too many to list, but the ones I picked from the given ones are:

Greco-Roman
Norse
Indian
Celtic

As a Scandinavian who has been brought up with Norse mythology at the heart, I had to put a vote to the Norse pantheon.

The Celtic people is the one I feel the greatest spiritual relationship with and I think their mythology is fascinating...

I used to be an ardent reader of Greek mythology as well and intrigued by the vast similarities between Greek and Norse mythology....

-Zarrock

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
I'm suprised you forgot the most influential mythology on the western world:

Christianity.

I'd probably pick it because it's history is well documented enough and is utterly full of creative plot hooks and enough scandels to build a lifetime of adventures for a campaign.

Don

First Post
Hello? Moderators?

A little comment about a remark GWB made earns me a stern warning from Piratecat, yet this poll doesn't get shut down? Yeesh...

Some people believe in these religions mentioned in the poll and in the comments, yet the term "mythology", as it is most commonly used, implies falsehood.

Don't make me lose faith in you, moderators! Do the right thing!

Last edited:

A2Z

Explorer
I picked Persian mythology yet it was a hard choice since I'm facinated by mythology of every sort. On another note; exactly what problem do you have with this thread Don? I don't see how anyone could have a problem with a thread asking which mythology or pantheon you prefer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads