• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Feelings on Dungeon/Poly

What are your feelings on the Content of the mixed Dungeon/Poly

• I like both the Dungeon and Poly content

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • I like the Dungeon content, and am indifferent to Poly

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • I like the Dungeon, but wish to see the Poly Content removed

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • I like the Poly content, and am indifferent to the Dungeon content

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • I like the Poly Content, but wish to see the Dungeon content removed

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • I like neither the Dungeon nor the Poly content

Votes: 11 6.2%

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Hopefully this thread will be a little less biased and more meaningful than the "if you have to throw one out, which do you ditch?" I chose to do Dungeon first in terms of "like Dungeon, how do you feel about Poly" because it was first alphabetically.

Simply put, how do you feel about the quantity/quality of the Dungeon content and the Poly content in the Dungeon/Poly mix?

Obviously, we might want more Dungeon AND more Poly, but assuming the total volume of "(Dungeon plus Poly)" will remain the same, are you getting enough of what you want? (You must be the one interpret "enough" in terms of raw page count or percentages should you choose to do so - i.e., only you can tell me if "75%" is enough or if "60 pages per month" is enough - does the current level of "stuff" meet your criteria, whatever those criteria are?)

--The Sigil

Last edited:

Lazybones

Adventurer
Well, no doubt this poll too will be considered "biased" due to the nature of the audience here (as the publisher posted in the other thread), but I appreciate the effort of Sigil to phrase a more balanced survey. While I suppose I'm more indifferent to Poly than anything else, I voted for the "remove it" option since I would prefer that space be dedicated to more D&D adventures.

I do realize that the publisher has stated that this is not an option for them.

Olive

Explorer
Nice poll, much more interesting that the love one hate the other type polls we've seen recently.

I like poly. I never use it, but it's always a good read.

Ranger REG

Explorer
The only reason why I pick up the combo magazine is because of Poly's new format that caters to d20 gamers.

Besides, there is already 1.5 magazine coverage for D&D. Do we really need more? I mean what about support for Star Wars gamers, d20 Modern gamers, Call of Cthullhu & Wheel of Time gamers? Why are you denying us periodical support?

As much as I like for them to be separate magazines, it's not feasible for Paizo. There is not enough Dragon readers that are buying Dungeon, especially when we have the common thinking that we can create our own adventure scenarios, using material from Dragon.

With that, I accept buying half the magazine. I want Poly to work and be around for Wizards' non-D&D product support, and as a secondary benefit, Dungeon continues to circulate as well.

Iron_Chef

First Post
Heh. Once again we see Dungeon lovers/Poly haters winning the poll. Yet we see many more posts from Poly lovers trying to justify its continued inclusion in Dungeon... Goes to prove my point that Poly lovers are simply a stridently vocal minority whose opinions are not shared by the majority of Dungeon readers. Sadly, Paizo seems to be in agreement with the minority, though concessions are supposedly being made to "pacify" the rest of us... you know, the ones who buy the most copies of the magazine! :p

Iron_Chef said:
Heh. Once again we see Dungeon lovers/Poly haters winning the poll. Yet we see many more posts from Poly lovers trying to justify its continued inclusion in Dungeon... Goes to prove my point that Poly lovers are simply a stridently vocal minority whose opinions are not shared by the majority of Dungeon readers. Sadly, Paizo seems to be in agreement with the minority, though concessions are supposedly being made to "pacify" the rest of us... you know, the ones who buy the most copies of the magazine! :p

Ah, but remember something important. ENWorld is mainly a D&D community...so, the posts will skew towards Dungeon by default. Takes this to another board that has a focus more broad, and the results may be much different.

Thing is, however...that no matter what we say, the magazine isn't dropping either, and everyone will just live with it one way or another. :)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Really like both sides of the mag. Didn't expect to like Poly as much as I do, but (excepting the recent Incursion bit, which wasn't my thing at all) I think it's a great read. Don't know if my group'll ever use it, but not a loss in any case. :)

Best,
tKL

rounser

First Post
Well, no doubt this poll too will be considered "biased" due to the nature of the audience here
ENWorld may indeed be accused of D&D bias, but is there anywhere else on the net with more d20 fans than here? The WotC boards maybe, but I think the same criticism could be levelled there.

I consider myself a fan of D&D, not of d20 unto itself, so I'm part of the bias referred to, but it's not uncommon to note people here who seem to be equally-or-more about d20 the system than D&D the game. I think d20 has many allies here...more than Dragonsfoot anyway. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads