• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your First Character? (with crunch)

Grymar

Explorer
I can't speak on the crunch yet, but my first character is likely to be a fighter. It is the base of the system, I feel, and will be the best way for me to judge 4e compared to AD&D or 3.5.

But I am tempted to grab a wizard so I can get used to the spell/magic system.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Probably a dragonborn fighter for me. I'd like to give the new stuff a whirl right off the bat. And with all the changes I'm hearing the fighter is going to be very different from what we're used too.

Lanamelach

First Post
My first character will most likely be a redone version of a character from 3e.... a Human warlock out for something backstory-tastic. At the moment, probably a younger son/daughter (depending on how the coin flip goes) of a noble family forced from their holdings by a determined attack from a rival. Basically, the character will have determined that their misfortunes are due to a lack of power, and go about correcting that oversight. (insert star or vestige pact here - imagine a bunch of veiled references to Lovecraft and/or discontinued gods from previous D&D editions)

Not quite sure how the crunch will go at the moment, but I plan to favor Dexterity to Strength, wield a scimitar, and have an utterly ridiculous Charisma. The first version of this character could talk his way out of pretty much anything due to the feat: Able Learner and maxed Bluff and Diplomacy skills. I'm going to try to replicate that, if possible.

davethegame

Explorer
Though I probably will have to DM and won't get to play, I want to play a "Gentleman Warlock" character, with a monocle who sniffs brandy with one hand and blasts with eldritch power from the other.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I have a bunch of ideas for my first character. In no particular order:

Tuarivel Emmoreth, Eladrin Fighter/Wizard. A high and mighty "duskblade" from a short True20 campaign I played. When the swordmage comes out, I'll respec him as that.

Belegor Grimbeard, Dwarf Fighter. I picked up this cool mini from Reaper - the dwarf looks like a tough old bastard, which is pretty much what he would be.

Zahar Ka, Dragonborn Warlord. A mercenary bent of forging an empire worthy of ancient Arkhosia ...

Beron Holt, Human Cleric. He will pretty much smash undead, demons, and devils with his mace and the good word of Pelor. :)

Arthus Tyranil, Human Paladin. I played this character in a Birthright campaign and would love to give him another whirl. He's of noble birth, a paladin of Bahamut.

Cunal, Elf Ranger. Your stereotypical badass, tree-hugging elf. :)

Robay Surefoot, Halfling Ranger. I once played a LG halfling rogue by this name in another campaign. Now I want to reconcept him as an archer and wilderness runner.

Ebenziel, Human Wizard (maybe a Warlock or Wizard/Warlock). A guy in search of knowledge and eldritch power ... The name is taken from a 2e wild mage a friend of mine played in high school.

I also want to play a gnome illusionist or artificer ("Gwillius Medwillion") and an orc barbarian or druid ("Gulg"). I also want there to be an undead-themed race, maybe something like the Dhampir from previous editions - he'd be a necromancer. :)

Quickleaf

Legend
The classic reluctant rogue, who'd rather swap stories in the tavern and woo noblewomen than raise a sword. A peasant hero only extraordinary in his ability to avoid work & get out of trouble, he is unaligned and self-serving, only getting involved when his current love/the authorities/friends/money says so. I'll look forward to playing with the rogue's new abilities, especially ways to gain combat advantage.
Once bard is released, I'll make him adopt a populist cause (still will be lazy at heart, but now with a greater purpose) and multi-class.

Simm

First Post
Probably none, unfortunately, I'm almost always dragooned in as DM. One of my friends as his eye set on an infernal pacted Dragonborn Warlock.

KrazyHades

First Post
I'm a DM much more often than a player, but I'll probably want to test out the new Warlock. I also want to get a feel for the Warlord, but thats a bit lower on my list. At the very least I want to be able to yell "Feather Me Yon Oaf!"

As for a race, I'm thinking Eladrin or Human. It will be neat to taste the flavor of the "new" humans.

FungiMuncher

First Post
Yet another person likey to be DM first, but I love to try out an Elven Ranger/Wizard. He'd focus on ranged combat and utility spells. Sort of scholarly explorer, Indaian Jones style. May even consider CON as a dump stat, too, just to add emphasis on avoiding melee.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads