• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Life as a DnD Class

Thatwackyned

First Post
Lets see: I have 2 years as a Security Guard, but I slept for most of the job, unless guarding a Warehouse. 6 years in customer service, working hard to serve the customers. 2 years of Judo and Fencing. 6 years playing DnD.

I'll assume 1 full year in a given profession equals 1 level.

So, the way I see it:
Expert level 8

yep, that's it.

How about you?

Dragonnety

First Post
Hmm, in Univercity for the last 4 years, martial arts for the last 5 years, DnD for 5 years also. I guess I am Commoner 1 / Expert 1 and maybe I will get a monk level if I am lucky :p

Flatus Maximus

First Post
Hmm, in Univercity for the last 4 years, martial arts for the last 5 years, DnD for 5 years also. I guess I am Commoner 1 / Expert 1 and maybe I will get a monk level if I am lucky :p

Yeah, I'm wondering how many years of martial arts would equate to a level of monk. A black belt has to count for something, right?

Thatwackyned

First Post
Well PC's have classes because they can do the extraordinary. Can a Black Belt do the extraordinary? Up for debate. How many Black Belts are there in the world? Do they all deserve a rank in Monk? I guess it's really up to you.

I say if you can break boards with a Flurry of Blows, sure why not.

but Boards Don't Hit Back!

Dragonnety

First Post
I guess you are right, though I know a few people with more than one monk level.
But what the point of being an NPC? Aren't we the heroes of our own lives? What's the point if you can't imagine the possibilities of yourself? Isn't it the same in DnD? You start as 1st level and imagine yourself in 20th. I am not a monk. And propably I will never become one. Yet If I had to imagine myself in DnD, (not as a PC but as myself being put in the paper) I would like to be a monk. And I believe you have other ideas than expert. Am I right :) ?

Thatwackyned

First Post
I fully agree. When I dream of Myself in DnD, I am a High level wizard. But this thread is just to take what you have done in your life and just see what would you be classed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads