• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your PC is a cleric: what deity do you revere?

Your PC is a cleric: what deity do you revere?

• Avandra (change, freedom, adventure)

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Bahamut (justice, honor)

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Corellon (spring, beauty, arts)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Erathis (civilization)

Votes: 20 10.1%
  • Ioun (knowledge, skill, prophecy)

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Kord (storm, battle, strength)

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • Melora (wilderness and sea)

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Moradin (creation, artisans)

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pelor (sun, summer, keeper of time)

Votes: 20 10.1%
  • The Raven Queen (death)

Votes: 56 28.3%
  • Sehanine (moon and autumn)

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • None: I'd rather not play than play a cleric!

Votes: 9 4.5%

Ander00

First Post
If I was making a cleric for an upcoming game, it'd most likely be a human cleric of Erathis. Unless evil characters were allowed, in which case I'd probably choose between Bane and Asmodeus.

cheers

castro3nw

First Post
In the game I've been playing in lately, my lasery cleric reveres the teachings of either St. V'Ger, prophet of Corellon... He appears as a small blinking "star" in Corellon's constellation, and has teachings including the great cycle of on/off and orbital ion strikes.

Skyscraper

Explorer
Hmm, noting the comments from the posters, i should have included the evil gods. I would not have thought them to be so popular. Nonetheless, this is rather interesting and it indeed differs from the results of the other poll of what gods did the players follow. There is a clear breakaway by the Raven Queen here. Dark gods, anyone? :)

Sky

Darkthorne

First Post
Raven Queen. 1) Kicks undead butt 2) Dig the fate & winter aspect 3) have no issue when a pc is overly stupid to let them die "He must have wanted to meet the Queen sooner than later" 4) Alignment choice I appreciated 5) Cool Encounter power.

fba827

Adventurer
It also asks the question --
what drives you to choose the god for your PC to follow?

* The divinity feat/mechanical benefits (the divinity feats or any homebrew rules stuff for each church, etc?
* The story-tie / plot history related to the god (i.e. such a strong in-game RP setup for a church that it is natural to fit in to, or the orcus cult fighting the raven queen is a plot in the campaign so it's fun to work in to it, etc.)?
* The spheres of influence for the god (you like the nature or evil or magic realm taht this god watches over)?

I know everyone will use any or all of the above reasons in varying degrees, and may use different criteria from one PC to the next (so it wouldn't make a good poll). But it is interesting to think about based on the responses in this thread and the other thread.

Slife

First Post
Hmm, noting the comments from the posters, i should have included the evil gods. I would not have thought them to be so popular. Nonetheless, this is rather interesting and it indeed differs from the results of the other poll of what gods did the players follow. There is a clear breakaway by the Raven Queen here. Dark gods, anyone? :)

Sky

You probably also should have included a "none of the above" option.

Gloombunny

First Post
It also asks the question --
what drives you to choose the god for your PC to follow?

* The divinity feat/mechanical benefits (the divinity feats or any homebrew rules stuff for each church, etc?
* The story-tie / plot history related to the god (i.e. such a strong in-game RP setup for a church that it is natural to fit in to, or the orcus cult fighting the raven queen is a plot in the campaign so it's fun to work in to it, etc.)?
* The spheres of influence for the god (you like the nature or evil or magic realm taht this god watches over)?
None of the above. It's the fluff, basically... I just like the Raven Queen's style immensely. I guess this is kind of like your bullet point about spheres, but I wouldn't necessarily like a different deity of death and fate and winter, is what I'm trying to say.

Remove ads