• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Playing Group - Do You Like It?

Love them or hate them?

• God himself couldn't bestow a better group!

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • You know... they show up, have fun and play my adventure. I'm happy with them.

Votes: 93 53.4%
  • Ehhhh... they don't thrill me, but they don't really bug me either.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Sometimes... I swear to God... *shudder*

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Take my group... please!

Votes: 2 1.1%

Paradoxish

First Post
My group has some really great days and some really horrible days, but I'm stuck with them for a while. I'm going to be starting a new game with new players soon, but the six people in my current group are the only (rpg) gamers I know (the new group is being made up of friends of one of my players who enjoys my campaign, but not the other players in it).

Overall, though, I like to consider my present gaming group a work-in-progress. When I first started playing with them they were all either munchkins or rules lawyers, but I've managed to reform at least three of them and the others are on their way.

Chriskaballa

First Post
Just my two cents follows...

Sure, my gaming group is made of my three best friends. They're fun to play the game with, they're great to have around, and in general are good people. But when I DM the group, heck freezes over and I suddenly feel like I have three copies of evil incarnate at my table. The game suddenly becomes my worst nightmare as the PCs do unimaginable things, things I could not think of, things I cannot plan against. Their five 5th-level characters defeat an army of orcs in two rounds without taking damage. The wizard gets off a spell with impossibly high Concentration checks after taking five or more AoOs. The list goes on.... if someone can stop my group, please let me know, and we can make an appointment for you to straighten them up so I can have a little fun DMing. :p

~~Chris

Gospog

First Post
I've kept the same core of players for years now, and they are awesome!

The past two years have seen some serious roster changes for the group, but I've been lucky enough to get (and lose-sniff) great players every time.

One interesting phenomenon was "running into" three different players who I used to play with in highschool ,and getting them once again as players.

I hadn't seen these guys in 10 years, and they just seamlessly joined the group. It's like old times, only way better!

:)

The Cardinal

First Post
I love my group...
...except for one player, and the b*!§$ is one the way out (but I'd prefer it if she would just quit on her own...)

So: I'm hiring new players - if you happen to be in Germany (somewhere near Cologne, Düsseldorf, or Wuppertal) and looking for a game...

boxstop7

First Post
I drive two hours one-way to play in my group's once-a-month game. Does that answer your question? :D

Seriously though, my group is composed of some truly great people, and some truly great friends. Heck, my sister's even part of the gaming group. Sure, we screw off. Sure, we get off-topic. But who cares??? We're there to have fun and be with our friends. I love the game, but to be able to play the game with such excellent and admirable hobbi...er, friends...yes, friends, well, I couldn't ask for anything more.

~Box

edit: atrocious grammar, and there's still some left :eek:

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
i have all good players, some roleplay well some ROLL play well. I have the archtypical mix: 2 roleplayers, 1 rules lawyer, 1 munchkin, 1 gawker. All are ok except for the munchkin....

The 30 yr old munchkin, who whines like a spoiled 6 yr old brat if there isn't enough combat, if they don't KILL something, if they don't do ANYTHING but sit around and discuss politics (in game mind you) all day. He's one bloodthirsty killing twinkie munchkin....

oh and he's a paladin too..go figure...

Above and beyond that i like my group, quite happy with the turn out and making sure that everyone is having some fun with the game...

Ace

Adventurer
Paul_Klein said:
Overall, how do you feel about your playing group. I hear people gushing about how great their players are, and I hear people complaining about how they suck the fun right out of the game.

How do YOU feel?

Ack I have one really good player in the group. 1 D&D GURU and the rest you can keep

Ace

Adventurer
Chriskaballa said:
Just my two cents follows...

Sure, my gaming group is made of my three best friends. They're fun to play the game with, they're great to have around, and in general are good people. But when I DM the group, heck freezes over and I suddenly feel like I have three copies of evil incarnate at my table. The game suddenly becomes my worst nightmare as the PCs do unimaginable things, things I could not think of, things I cannot plan against. Their five 5th-level characters defeat an army of orcs in two rounds without taking damage. The wizard gets off a spell with impossibly high Concentration checks after taking five or more AoOs. The list goes on.... if someone can stop my group, please let me know, and we can make an appointment for you to straighten them up so I can have a little fun DMing. :p

~~Chris

Happens to me too Amigo.

It has gotten so bad at times I refused to DM for them.

Nowadays all I run is Buffy, the games works unlike my last D&D game

nopantsyet

First Post
i was going to go the the #2 response just to avoid hyperbole, but then i realized i'd be hard pressed to come up with anything i would change about the group.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads