• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your strangest spur of the moment online purchase?

Jesus_marley said:
Plushie Cthulhu. Nuff said.

My girlfriend got me "Summertime Fun Cthulhu" for my birthday two years ago. It's a plushie, and hes wearing a hawaiian shirt and straw hat. He's still on my couch, and she's my fiancee now. :)

I once bought a device that plugs into a serial port on your computer and then allows you to control the brightness of lights in your house, or put them on a timer, or whatever. Never used it, but at least I got it for dirt cheap (it was a clearance model, the company was switching to USB).

I once signed up to get a free sample of acupuncture needles. I've actually used them to test traces on small electrical devices, but it was weird explaining to my roommate why we got a bunch of adds and catalogs for acupunture equipment for the rest of the year.

Other than that, I've been pretty good. There have been a couple of times I bid for thing on eBay that gave me immediate buyer's remorse, but I've luckily been outbid every time that's happened.

Balgus

First Post
a dozen tubes of borealis and other shiny dice... and two bricks of yellow and green translucent dice.

they weren't really spur of the moment.. as i have been looking at them for weeks.. nay months. I just got into a pretty big arguement with my sig other and she forbade me to spend any more money... I guess I showed her.

crystal

First Post
Oh my, I once baught a haunted statue, yes I said haunted. I just wanted to see if it had spooks with it. but no spooks fallowed it home that I can see

Treebore

First Post
I do it on eBay all the time. My latest was a refurbished XBox 360, $186 (US) with shipping. Also had the Lego SW@ game with it.

I am going to have fun with it , though. When we put up the Christmas tree up Thanksgiving weekend I am going to put the box, unwrapped, under the tree. Then watch my kids twitch until Christmas morning. I'll put the Halo 3 disk on top of the box, unwrapped, as well.

Yeah, my kids will be counting the weeks, days, hours, minutes, and probably even seconds, till Christmas this year. :lol:

Remove ads