• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your thoughts on Precocious Apprentice

Moab2

First Post
I like it a lot. But then, 2nd-level spells are usually my favorites. It's a little stronger than most feats, but the one time I used it was as a regional feat in a Forgotten Realms campaign. It doesn't seem any stronger than most of those.

On a side note, what do you think is the best choice for the 2nd-level spell? I took Melf's Acid Arrow, but I think there could have been a better choice.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
It allows a first level wizard access to a second level spell slot. The prerequisite is that you have to be first level. The character then loses the benefit of the feat when they are able to cast second level spells through level advancement.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Does the feat mention anything about its interaction with the Mystic theurge prestige class? What's the source of Precicious Apprentice? Complete Arcane?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I don't think it is in Complete Arcane. I just looked and couldn't find it, though it may be elsewhere in the book. I know it is a sidebar entry at he bottom of one of the supplemental books.

frankthedm

First Post
Man and I thought Sudden metamagics fail the NPC test pretty bad.

That will suck having to fight low level wizards with that feat.

The first level 'fair fight' puts a 4d6 scorching ray into a PC's face.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
whats balanced for a pc is not alwayse balanced for a npc. why do dms feel that if a player does x, then that means all npc's must do x as well, and should also have to be balanced? Its balanced.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads