• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You're the Head of WOTC. Now What?

Edgewood

First Post
Just a bit of a thought experiment here.

Imagine if you have just been handed the position of CEO of WOTC. In it's current state what would you change? What would you keep? Is there anything you would abandon and what new direction would you take?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Is there anything you would abandon (. . .)?

All hope?

Seriously, I think they're doing the best they can given pressures from MMORPGs from without and Hasbro from within to stay relevant and turn profits. Whether or not those efforts appeal to traditional RPG players is another thing, IMO.

Crothian

First Post
I'd take a look at the finacials and see how the comapny is doing. I'd look at the different items we do that have succeeded and failed and go from there. I would be running a business so the choices I make would be based on that and not on my fanboy love of the games they make.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
First, I would have all employees roll on this table for their new job title:

Harlot%2Btable%2Bemail.jpg

Then I'd announce 5e releases in January 2011 six months ahead of schedule, fire a few customers, order sushi, get a massage and call it a day.

B-)

Tale

First Post
Their business plans seems to be reasonable to me. I can't think of anything in particular I would change. I definitely wouldn't aim for a whole new direction.

diaglo

Adventurer
Just a bit of a thought experiment here.

Imagine if you have just been handed the position of CEO of WOTC. In it's current state what would you change? What would you keep? Is there anything you would abandon and what new direction would you take?

liquidate all assets and transfer the money to a foreign off shore account. causing Hasbro to file chapter 11 on WotC.

buy the rights to OD&D(1974). hire a staff interested in making products for it. and release it again.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
liquidate all assets and transfer the money to a foreign off shore account. causing Hasbro to file chapter 11 on WotC.

buy the rights to OD&D(1974). hire a staff interested in making products for it. and release it again.

Would the re-release be an edited version, or just verbatim the original?

What kinds of new products?

DaveyJones

First Post
Would the re-release be an edited version, or just verbatim the original?

somewhat edited. it would have 2011 or 2012 on it as the published date. ;)

What kinds of new products?
how to books:

how to build your own adventure. how to referee a group. how to build your own classes. how to make a monster. how to roleplay. how to make props. how to add what is missing.

plus standard already made for you things like:
modules
setting materials
monster books
lead miniatures

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads