Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment IC

Yttermayn

First Post
REEEEP! REEEEP! REEEEP! REEEEP! REEEEP! REE! THUNK!
Billy's hand finally managed to slap the snooze button on his clock radio through rapid flailing of his right arm and hand. His pillow was wet, and where his face didn't keep it warm the clammy surface cooled to a brittle chill. Had he left the window open? The numerals 4, 0, 0, and a little dot indicating an AM hour glowed red a few feet from his barely cracked-open eyelids. Billy had roughly one hour to get his ass in gear and get to the station for the morning news and traffic reporting. 'Never again.' he thought. He'd been up until 1AM downing vodka and some uppers he scored off a fan at Huffy's last night during the Superbowl party he'd MC'd.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Billy thought back to the night before, shuddered, and then cautiously reached his left hand across the bed under the covers, to make sure that he was alone. Satisfied that he is by himself, he thinks, "*Whew* For a moment there, I thought I might have brought that goofy b*tch home with me. Glad to see that I kept enough of my wits about me to choose her, use her, and lose her." Only at this point does Billy's second eye completely open. He pries himself out of bed and decides that he doesn't have enough time to do his full morning routine. Since he was still wearing his clothes from last night, he threw some water on his face, made a half-hearted attempt to comb through his hair and bolted down two donuts before heading out. "That's why I'm so glad that the station gives me all of the coffee that I can drink," he thought as he eased his 2002 Ford pickup out of his driveway.

Yttermayn

First Post
Billy flipped on the headlights. He didn't always remember because the damn sodium street lights were so bright, he could see just fine without them. The beams blasted the front of his neighbor's house, revealing the shallow porch and assorted lawn furniture on it. They also revealed the neighbor's dog hunched over and shivering, not even a mat to keep the poor beast out of direct contact with the fresh snow covering the wooden deck planks. Billy reflexively hit the brakes and his abused stomach lurched at the sudden stop. Letting alcohol and stimulants battle for control over his nervous system had clearly revealed a winner and a loser. The booze and drugs were the winner.

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Billy struggles to keep his 'breakfast' down. Not easy the way his stomach is doing barrel rolls. He takes a deep breath and releases a tremendous belch. "UUUUUUURRRP! Oh, my, William," (he always calls himself William) "that was a good one! Truly momentous, it was. Hope I don't have to pull over and puke before I get to the damn station."

Yttermayn

First Post
Trying not to think about puking is a lot like trying not to think about the proverbial pink elephant. Billy did fine until his rear, then front tires fell over the edge of the curb and then onto the street. He managed to make it about ten feet down the street before he smashed the parking break pedal, threw open the door, and fell out onto the icy blacktop. He was sure he'd be dry heaving in a few moments. "You ok?" a voice said. The voice belonged to Billy's neighbor, standing in his doorway to collect the dog after it did it's business.

Phil awoke amid heavy piles of moving blankets stored in the warehouse he'd snuck into last night. He had burrowed into the pile, leaving only his bearded face exposed for fresh air. Phil's hand was still curled around an unopened can of peaches held close. Good. Nothing but harsh, orange sodium light filtered through the grimy warehouse windows yet. It should be awhile before anyone might show up here to run him off, if ever. Might as well conserve energy and stay put, he thought. Phil closed his eyes again and tried to get comfortable.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

Trying not to think about puking is a lot like trying not to think about the proverbial pink elephant. Billy did fine until his rear, then front tires fell over the edge of the curb and then onto the street. He managed to make it about ten feet down the street before he smashed the parking break pedal, threw open the door, and fell out onto the icy blacktop. He was sure he'd be dry heaving in a few moments. "You ok?" a voice said. The voice belonged to Billy's neighbor, standing in his doorway to collect the dog after it did it's business.
"Mornin' Tim," Billy says, and then to the dog that is busily licking his face he says, "Why hello, King! Did you pinch off a big one this morning? I'll bet you did! That's a good dog!" Turning back to his neighbor, Billy continues, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just got down here to put my ear to the ground to see if those pesky Indians were gaining on me, but I guess I'm safe for another day." Billy scrapes himself off the pavement, waves to Tim and to King, and resumes his trek to the station, hopefully without further ado.

Yttermayn

First Post
Tim gives Billy a slightly vacant, slightly perplexed look in response to Billy's reply. Given it was some time just before the butt crack of dawn, Billy figured the man was too groggy to process humor.
On the way to the station, Billy enjoyed a near total lack of other vehicles on the road. He did see another f150 truck roaring past his own on the way though. :):):):):):):) had a crazy-cracked windshield and one headlight out, and was doing 50 plus in a 35 zone.
Billy finally arrived at the station with 5 minutes to spare. He noticed the station manager looking at him when he walked in, then glance at his watch and turn away looking slightly disappointed. Billy was sure the fat little :):):):) was always looking for an excuse.

Leif

Adventurer
Dr. Billy Saturn

"Here as directed, Sahib!" Billy pays said goofy :):):):) no mind and proceeds to the booth to spin some tunes.

Yttermayn

First Post
One of the few things that Billy felt the SM had done right was to upgrade the station's equipment in the sound proofed room Billy worked in. Two computers with soft touch keyboards and mice to minimize ambient noise and a high quality mike were a couple of the improvements. Billy smirked at the keyboard covers, probably added due to the frequent appearance of beverages in the studio since Billy started here.
One computer had a soundboard program loaded on it, along with disc and digital media controls for music and other audio related functions. The audio output of both machines could be mixed in with everything else put out on the air. The other computer was set up to provide rapid access to incoming news and information. Billy saw relevant local headlines with photos, along with a few items with a national or global scope. He also saw the various ads he was supposed to run during the course of his broadcast. Lastly, the ever present timer was given some dedicated desktop space. It dictated hard and soft breaks in the broadcast like a little digital tyrant. It was currently showing that Billy would be on air in two and a half minutes.

Voda Vosa

First Post
After sleeping some more, Phil finally woke up. Those few minues of sleep after initially have awaken were always plagued with nightmares from the past. Shaking his head slowly, as he scratched his beard, Phil looked at his can of peaches. Sweet peaches.
If he only had something to open it.
With that in mind, Philip stored his new blankets in his bag, and moved out of the warehouse. Perhaps someone nearby wouldn't mind opening the can for him.

Remove ads