• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Leif

Adventurer
Welcome, Radaceus!

You are not the only one playing a recycled character, Radaceus. Grok was not mine originally. I have put my stamp on him, however, and treated him as if he was always mine. You should feel free to do the same with Scrag. He is yours now.

What went before is irrelevant. We are the group, and you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Locutus Leif

PS - If you want to play Scrag as the penultimate dim troll, do so. All those who have gone before you have done some variation of the same thing. If you want to play Scrag as a tortured and inept artist or musician, who takes out his frustration by rending enemies, I for one would find that a refreshing twist.

PPS - Hesse is a fine author. Achtung! Der Steppenwolf! (I do wish I had read Hesse in the original Deustche, but alas, my skill did not permit it.)

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
Thanks for the info and suggestion, Leif

wow what history! Scrag feel dirty on inside!

while tripping through the past into the old ICs, I found myself in 1985 popping endless quarters into Thayer's Quest and telling a friend " you know what would be cool, is if we could keep our character on disc (laser disc had just come out with Dragon's lair) and copy it, we could take turns leveling them in the arcade...somebody should invent that!'

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
For Scrag's current info go here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Dragon-Cult&p=6385475&viewfull=1#post6385475

It has a link to the troll progression, which is pretty impressive from level 4 to level 5.

At level 4, Scrag earned the feat called Psionic Weapon. If you do not intend to make Scrag a troll/psionic fighter hybrid, then I suggest redoing that feat before you increase Scrag to level 5. It won't be a big deal since Scrag never really used that feat. Post your updated character sheet into the Rogue's Gallery.

Radaceus

Adventurer
For Scrag's current info go here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Dragon-Cult&p=6385475&viewfull=1#post6385475

It has a link to the troll progression, which is pretty impressive from level 4 to level 5.

At level 4, Scrag earned the feat called Psionic Weapon. If you do not intend to make Scrag a troll/psionic fighter hybrid, then I suggest redoing that feat before you increase Scrag to level 5. It won't be a big deal since Scrag never really used that feat. Post your updated character sheet into the Rogue's Gallery.

Okay, assuming I am to change feats, a few questions:

-Scrag also has the Wild Talent feat, this was taken at 1st I assume? I can see where the psionic thing hasn't really been used, but it doesn't make sense to steer away from psionics without also changing that feat. (possibly the first feat was retconned to allow the second?)

-I assume that the 1 skill point (.5) in Concentration was also to due with the Psionic Weapon Feat? unsure why this was taken

so if changing both feats is a go, I am torn between optimizing within the boundaries of a Troll, with Power Attack, then, Regenerate Muscles
or,
go with RP and play into Scrags interactions with being trained not to eat the pet cat early on, taking Nature Soul, and Animal Ally (cat)

--------------
Just need a ruling on any of that and I am good to go!

Remove ads