• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zad/Wizardru's Story Hour (*final update 11/12*)

Aethramyr

First Post
Bellsin's Decision tree:

1) Self buffs, if need be.
2) Vanish. Low AC means get out of sight.
3) If there is magic that is not nailed down, take it. (Note: If the magic is able to be pried loose, it is not considered nailed down)
4) If it's a low-magic (on their side) fight, find someone (again, on their side) to straight-up-for-damage backstab.
5) Retreat to a safe distance. This one is key - you don't want to forget this step too many times.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Like most rogues, he's built as an ambush fighter. His raw spell selection was chosen for Vanishing, Mobility, and spotting the poor guy who thinks invisibility is a good idea.

The Driders were fun - they had obvious magic that they were currently using (levitate) that would be amusing if they lost it (Beware falling driders). Once unconcious, I could strip-mine their brain for usable spells and such.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Aethramyr said:
Hurts. It means bellsin waits until the drider is over the pit before taking the levitate...

Helps. If your two best fighters had dropped in the pit and then been buried in a web with complete cover, things might have been much nastier.

Zad

First Post
WizarDru said:
Helps. If your two best fighters had dropped in the pit and then been buried in a web with complete cover, things might have been much nastier.

Right. That's my confusion. We can't see them but they can't see us. Too many direct damage spells damage the web and frankly I have a hard time seeing them whittling us down that way. I guess they could pick on the others but leaving Maris in a firing position is usually unwise.

How deep was the pit?

WizarDru

Adventurer
Zad said:
How deep was the pit?

I really don't remember. My gut level feeling is that they were 20' deep. The thing is, if the two biggest fighters are out of the battle for two rounds minimum, the rest of the party is in much greater peril. The driders were not great stand-up fighters but they could easily hold their own against the others between spells and potent poison attacks. Particularly if they choose to target Maris, the most significant threat to them. However, as only CR8 creatures, they were at a disadvantage to begin with against a 10th level party of 6.

Aethramyr

First Post
WizarDru said:

Hurts. Doesn't change my plan, I still take the levitate when they're over the pit. Only difference is, now Astrid and Elizibeth are at the bottom waiting for him ;)

Or it means Maris uses her recall spell and pulls everyone out of the pit and out of the web.

But Like you said, 2X CR8 vs. BTL? they had rather poor chances of stopping us, reguardless.

LordVyreth

First Post
I don't see how you'd lose your two best fighters, anyway. Wouldn't the one with the better initiative fall in, and then the second would switch to plan B? Of course, that's assuming the first one misses her reflex save in the first place.

Oh, how did the party react to Astrid's revelation last time about being a changeling? Or did they just not trust the demon?

Zad

First Post
Not much reaction yet. Either they didn't grasp the statement's meaning, didn't trust the demon, or didn't really care.

(Or so I assume - Elizabeth has always known so I'm not the best judge.)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
LordVyreth said:
I don't see how you'd lose your two best fighters, anyway. Wouldn't the one with the better initiative fall in, and then the second would switch to plan B? Of course, that's assuming the first one misses her reflex save in the first place.

Oh, how did the party react to Astrid's revelation last time about being a changeling? Or did they just not trust the demon?
Not to be an egotist but It's the magic barette I made Astrid. It's so good it fools demons. :confused:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I might as well jump on the what I do band wagon.

1) Alter Grinder's bite attack to whatever the big nasty is vulnerable to and if nothing then go for Bane of that creature type. Sic the Doggie on the baddies.
2) Buff whomever needs it.
3) If no one needs buffs then start dispelling and or tossing flasks of some spell or another.

Glyf really shines when out of combat when he has the time to work his mojo. His big battle thing is Grinder and when I get the chance to stock him back up the Packmate Valet.
It's great to have so many hands but tough to know what to do with idle ones. :eek:

Case in point: Creating the 4 phantom steeds.

Last edited:

Remove ads