ZEITGEIST #1 (Act 1): Island at the Axis of the World [5E]

The long-awaited first part of the critically acclaimed adventure path is here, and available exclusively on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon! In factories throughout the city of Flint, months of ceasless toil by mages, engineers, and shipbuilders have finally concluded. Now well-wishers from across the nation of Risur have come to witness the launch of the world’s mightiest vessel of war: the R.N.S. Coaltongue, impervious to spell and cannon and armed with fire that could slay even a dragon. On the docks, constables keep a close eye on celebrants and troublemakers; in the shadows, conspiracy and betrayal threaten this technological titan on its maiden voyage. Meanwhile, on an island in the lush Yerasol Achipelago, enemy spies put their plans into motion, clouded with secrecy...

The long-awaited first part of the critically acclaimed adventure path is here, and available exclusively on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon! In factories throughout the city of Flint, months of ceasless toil by mages, engineers, and shipbuilders have finally concluded. Now well-wishers from across the nation of Risur have come to witness the launch of the world’s mightiest vessel of war: the R.N.S. Coaltongue, impervious to spell and cannon and armed with fire that could slay even a dragon. On the docks, constables keep a close eye on celebrants and troublemakers; in the shadows, conspiracy and betrayal threaten this technological titan on its maiden voyage. Meanwhile, on an island in the lush Yerasol Achipelago, enemy spies put their plans into motion, clouded with secrecy...

island.jpg

And don't forget the previous ZEITGEIST materials already available on EN5ider:

• ZEITGEIST Player's Guide (in five parts)
  • Bonds of Forced Faith, a prologue adventure for the ZEITGEIST adventure path
  • ZEITGEIST Campaign Guide (a 27-page guide to the whole adventure path for GMs)
Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbor blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains. Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now as the march of progress and the demands of national defense turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned.

The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur’s kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of this new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defenses against these fiends.

Times are turning. The skyseers – Risurs folk prophets since their homeland’s birth – witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the age. The zeitgeist.
SaveSave

Tormyr

Adventurer
I have wanted this for 5e nearly as long as 5e has been out. Thank you for converting this to 5e. I have two groups of players that are really excited about the player's guide, one of which just finished bonds of forced faith. The investigation begins!

Tobold

Explorer
The main encounter of this first part appears to have a problem: The Fire Sprites from the 4E version are mentioned in the Tactics section and even shown in an illustration. But there is no mention how they get summoned, nor do they have a stat block, which makes me think that they aren't supposed to be in the adventure.

Tormyr

Adventurer
The main encounter of this first part appears to have a problem: The Fire Sprites from the 4E version are mentioned in the Tactics section and even shown in an illustration. But there is no mention how they get summoned, nor do they have a stat block, which makes me think that they aren't supposed to be in the adventure.

Good catch. I had not had a chance to actually read it yet.

[sblock]
The halfling takes their role in the encounter now.
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Will Zeitgeist 5E be available for Silver subscribers? :]

The site content subscriptions have been replaced by EN5ider. I'd much prefer you switched over to the Patreon, which is where we've been producing new content for the last couple of years. The silver subscriber stuff is being phased out (there's only a handful of you guys left now).

loox

Explorer
Thanks! It's just a matter of time

The site content subscriptions have been replaced by EN5ider. I'd much prefer you switched over to the Patreon, which is where we've been producing new content for the last couple of years. The silver subscriber stuff is being phased out (there's only a handful of you guys left now).

Thank you for the answer! I'll evaluate the Patreon at end of 2017. I guess I'll need the 5E conversion for the final modules by that date. If they are available, I'm gonna switch fur sure. :-:cool:

Tobold

Explorer
Thank you for the answer! I'll evaluate the Patreon at end of 2017. I guess I'll need the 5E conversion for the final modules by that date. If they are available, I'm gonna switch fur sure. :-:cool:

Do you mean "final modules" as in the final chapters of adventure #1 Island at the Axis of the World? That is something I consider likely. If you mean "final modules" as in all adventures #1 to #13, that isn't going to happen because it's over 1,300 pages and the 5E Zeitgeist chapters are mixed in with other EN5ider content. However, as on Patreon you pay what you feel the content is worth, the content is always worth it!

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'm downloading a WOIN compatible version when I click to download the 5E version of this adventure.

Remove ads

Remove ads