• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist: Where do the constables live?

Crispy120286

Explorer
I've been looking through the books and i'm not sure if i've missed it or maybe it just isn't there. In your campaigns, where do your constables live in Flint?

mort655

Explorer
I passed out index cards and had all the players jot down where they lived.
While squads get massive amounts of money in order to requisition items, I imagine their actual take-home salaries are quite modest. Everybody wrote they were renting a room in some sort of fashion.

The Human Yerasol Veteran Warlord rents a room in building of the Society of Honored Veterans (the Risuran version of the V.A.). The building is located in Central district, but the lodgings are pretty small.

The Dragonborn Martial Scientist Fighter rents a floor in a nice old lady's boarding house. Our fighter is the daughter of diplomats from Ber who used to work for Brakken, so they have money to help cover the rent. The fighter shares her rooms with a kobold valet.

The Deva Technologist Wizard rents a room above a shop. The owner of which is a friend and contact of hers.

Crispy120286

Explorer
I passed out index cards and had all the players jot down where they lived.
While squads get massive amounts of money in order to requisition items, I imagine their actual take-home salaries are quite modest. Everybody wrote they were renting a room in some sort of fashion.

The Human Yerasol Veteran Warlord rents a room in building of the Society of Honored Veterans (the Risuran version of the V.A.). The building is located in Central district, but the lodgings are pretty small.

The Dragonborn Martial Scientist Fighter rents a floor in a nice old lady's boarding house. Our fighter is the daughter of diplomats from Ber who used to work for Brakken, so they have money to help cover the rent. The fighter shares her rooms with a kobold valet.

The Deva Technologist Wizard rents a room above a shop. The owner of which is a friend and contact of hers.

That's great! Thanks! i'll encourage my players when the time comes to do the same

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Yes, this was one of the questions I asked the players during our character generation session. Very useful bit of information to have, particularly if the players spread themselves about a bit.

d2OKC

Explorer
I was asked this as well, by my players, and I just kind of handwaved it. They all kind of said something like "I rent a small apartment" etc, but I don't really see it being all that important for our game.

The artificer did mention he lives with "a kindly old lady with a lot of pictures of cats on the walls", but the rest were none too specific.

Remove ads