The man with the probe
Zephos, God of the Dead, Shepherds
Shepherd of the Dead, The Shepherd

Enworldian Greater Deity
Symbol: A Crossed pair of Shepherds Crooks
Home Plane: ???
Alignment: Lafwul Neutral
Portfolio: Death, Shepherds, Leadership
Worshippers: Morticians, Shepherds, Leaders, those who've lost someone close.
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, LE
Domains: Repose, Law, Protection, Travel
Favored Weapon: Shepherds Crook (Quarterstaff)

Note: Worshipers of Zephos always Turn undead (even Evil ones), and may never command or summon undead.

Zephos, Shepherd of the Dead, and Husband of Halina (Though they do not claim to have any children together). Zephos is also refered to simply as The Shepherd (capitol T, capitol S). Zephos is worshiped as the one who collects the souls and leads them to the afterlife, much like a shepherd leads his flock of sheep. Souls under the care of Zephos are protected from harm, and lead when it is time onward. When a soul is recalled, Zephos resists only the unnatural calling of undeath.

Zephos followers regard the undead as abominations and a mockery of their beliefs, and therefore all turn undead and refuse to raise or control them in any way. Priests of Zephos who do are immediately outcast from the priesthood, and many loose their connection to their deity.

Zephos is also looked upon with respect by Shepherds and other animal herders, and worshiped by them as well. Much like Zephos leads his souls, his worshipers lead their flock (people or animals), giving them proper direction and guidance, and keeping them safe from harm and outside influences.

Those wishing to offer their friends and loved one safe passage will often offer some small donation to Zephos, and many will bury or burn their bodies with a small bit of wool, to attract the attention of The Shepherd.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Where can we find the domain of Repose?

Also, if they can all turn undead, does that mena evil character can spontaneous cast cure spells (as both are positive energy?)

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
And no. It's much like Wee Jas worshipers can command undead as good alligned. (I think)

I thought Wee Jas' clerics were restricted to LN and LE?

But as far as Zephos goes -- I don't have a problem with the exception to the rules on turning undead. I note that Zephos does not have the Death domain; this is appropriate for a god whose responsibility concerning the dead is strictly after they obtain that state, and has nothing to do with getting them to that state. Yes.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hense the Repose domain, which does not turn undead either, but does deal with death.

woho!

Endovior

First Post
No, it's not. It's this; neutral clerics of Wee Jas always channel negative energy; hence, they rebuke undead. Good clerics of Wee Jas channel positive energy, and thus turn undead. If all of Zephos' clerics turn undead, then they all channel positive energy, and thus all spontaneously cast Cure spells.

Alternately (and fitting in more with the rules), it could be that neutral clerics of Zephos always channel positive energy... evil ones channel negative as normal.

Bront

The man with the probe
Endovior said:
No, it's not. It's this; neutral clerics of Wee Jas always channel negative energy; hence, they rebuke undead. Good clerics of Wee Jas channel positive energy, and thus turn undead. If all of Zephos' clerics turn undead, then they all channel positive energy, and thus all spontaneously cast Cure spells.

Alternately (and fitting in more with the rules), it could be that neutral clerics of Zephos always channel positive energy... evil ones channel negative as normal.
Then he would never allow evil clerics, since controling undead would be considered against his code.

I think it's a cool tweek and gives them a different look at undeath.

Remove ads