• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zip files in Windows Vista damaged!!!

GreyWanderer

First Post
Everyone:

While attaching a .zip file to an email (in Thunderbird), I tried to open it to make sure it was the correct file - then I (very stupidly) told it was OK to use Adobe Acrobat to open it (since it contained an acrobat file).

Now Windows Vista has decided all .ziped files are acrobat files! I can't open any of them! How do I change it back?!? Please, please help!!!

Grey

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I don't know if this will work in Vista, but it works in XP so be careful

First when you mouse over a .zip file does it still pop up the name with the .zip extension?

If so right click and select open with then check the box marked always use this program and select the appropriate program for the file extension. This has worked for me more than once when I got basically the same problem you did.

If the .zip extension has been changed on the file I don't know what you could do since it's Vista and there are probably enough differences to leave the more involved possibilities more dangerous than useful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads