• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ZNG] Fantasy Cartography podcast #10

ZombieButch

First Post
Fantasy Cartography with Adobe Photoshop, the podcast where I share my favorite tips, tricks, and techniques to help you make cool maps for your roleplaying games, reaches double digits with this landmark 10th episode!

In this extra-crunchy episode you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know about Photoshop's elusive Displace filter!

You can check it out at Revver, YouTube, or at the iTunes Music Store. Don't forget to stop by ZombieNirvana.com for this week's show notes!

Until next week, thanks for listening, and happy mapping!

ZombieButch

First Post
Thanks! I was afraid I was rambling too much there at the beginning, but it turned out to be about an average-length episode. I tend to go on and on when I start talking about the under-the-hood stuff!

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
palehorse said:
Thanks! I was afraid I was rambling too much there at the beginning, but it turned out to be about an average-length episode. I tend to go on and on when I start talking about the under-the-hood stuff!

Everything was fine for me, I agree that somethings understanding how and why something works (Especially in PS) can make all of the difference.

Urizen

First Post
I liked this one.

It was nice and informative, giving me more insight into displacement maps (though my screen didn't really allow me to see the immediate benefits of using the displacement map).

I hope you are going to continue these tutorials after this map is finished.

ZombieButch

First Post
Urizen said:
I hope you are going to continue these tutorials after this map is finished.

Oh, absolutely. If the Fantasy Cartography book sells well enough to warrant it, I'll follow it up with a Modern Cartography book, and the podcast will change to support that. And once that's done (and if I'm not totally sick of it by then!) I'll probably morph the topic to RPG cartography in general, and talk about other software than just Photoshop as well as combining different programs. I don't know if I'd be able to do a book on that subject, though, since the licensing might get messy... but really, that's sufficiently far off in the future that I'm not that concerned about it just now.

Remove ads