• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombie ideas

Wolv0rine

First Post
Romero-esque zombies

While not yet released (we're still working!), if you want zombies done nasty by people who have used Romero's works as their core inspiration, look for Year of the Zombie to be released soon* by The Brood

*And when I say "soon" I mean as soon as we get the friggin thing finished. We've only been working on it since about September of last year.

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Thanks everyone. Offers to check out stuff from various d20 company books doesn't help much as I don't have a local game store. If I want anything non-WOTC or White Wolf, it has to be ordered. And since I'm an unemployed college student, most of my money goes to keeping me fed or buying Christmas presents soon.

ArcOfCorinth said:
The idea is similar to that of Romero’s zombie movies. This is where you guys come in: I’m not satisfied with the zombie in the d20 Campaign Setting. I need something more like the zombies in the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Sorry for being pedantic, but if you're using zombie like the Dawn of the Dead "remake" then you're not using Romero zombie.

It's not even really a remake; the creators have called it a "re-imagining" (since the only things in common with the original are zombie and a shopping mall).

I enjoyed the "remake" (though I much prefer the original). And if you want fast zombies, have at it! But they're not Romero zombies.

If you want to check out the All Flesh Must Be Eaten stuff, I could loan you my copy. Just let me know. I could drop it in the mail this weekend.

Kesh

First Post
You absolutely need All Flesh Must Be Eaten. It's a Unisystem game based around zombies, but it has d20 conversion rules. It's got a system for making any kind of zombie you can imagine, and there are lots of resources online to support it.

Plus, it's available at the EN World shop. :)

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Sorry for being pedantic, but if you're using zombie like the Dawn of the Dead "remake" then you're not using Romero zombie.

It's not even really a remake; the creators have called it a "re-imagining" (since the only things in common with the original are zombie and a shopping mall).

I enjoyed the "remake" (though I much prefer the original). And if you want fast zombies, have at it! But they're not Romero zombies.

If you want to check out the All Flesh Must Be Eaten stuff, I could loan you my copy. Just let me know. I could drop it in the mail this weekend.

I seem to remember them running in the Romero version as well. I know they didn't run in the first one, but I remember them running in Dawn. Maybe my memory is wrong. I haven't seen it in years.

I've looked at All Flesh Must Be Eaten in the past. I may get my players to chip in and we'll all buy a copy.

dekrass

Explorer
I recently ran a zombie based, short term campaign, using Blood and Brains by RPGObjects.
It has a lot of zombie variants and costs about $7. I recommend it.

talien

Community Supporter
Thanks! Blood and Brains has all kinds of zombies, including "fast zombies" from recent movies. It's an ekectronic product at RPGNow.com (search for "brains"). You can also download a free list of zombie scenarios (search for "NCRPC"). For more info about zombies in general, visit http://michael.tresca.net/ncrpc/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads