• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]OUCH! From full to 5 hp in one turn![/sblock]

The poison courses through his veins, and his wounds were great, but the spirits that One-Who-Waits called refresh him. A cool breath of fresh air, like the mountains of his rebirth remind him of his path. Instinctively Montroya steps back. The deva then moves away from the melee, seeking shelter in the middle of the group. Pointing his staff at the pair that assaulted him, a burst of Apoli's holy light engulfs the dragonborn and the tiefling. The light surrounds Tomalek, hurting the eyes of those that would strike him.

[sblock=Actions]
Free(from spirit): Shift to N12.
Move: Move to L12.
Standard: Blade of Astral Fire on Tiefling(M10) and dragonborn(O10): blades of astral fire vs tief and dragonborn (1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=8, 1d6+4=7) Hits tiefling, misses dragonborn for 7. Tomalek gains +5 to AC. Save vs ongoing: Fail: save vs poison (1d20=6) [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 6/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 6/6(6) Ongoing 5 poison damage.
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral fire
Summon Angel of Fire[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't think there are any PCs within the Blades of Astral Fire effect. The T represents One-Who-Waits, and he moved.[/sblock]

Menrakion

First Post
Coming from the south, a roaring battle cry can be heard quickly followed by a Goliath rushing forward to the combat scene. Huge sword in his hands, he charges the dragonborn and hits him strong.

[sblock=ooc] Hello fellow players ! I'm glad to meet you ! Mal told me that an extra player was needed so here i am ! Although i've been a D&D player for so many years, it's the first time i'm playing a play-by-post game. So i hope i'll be up to the game and to your group ! Therefore, it might take a couple of posts before i get use to it. Plus, English is not my first language and it will probably take me a couple extra posts to get used to that as well. I'll describe my character in the next post but for now, let's kick some monsters' butt ![/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move : Move to P10 (charging)
Standard : charge the dragonborn (O10) using Howling strike
Att: 1d20+9 : 27
Dmg : 1d12+4 : 14[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The roll was 1d20+8=26. I made them myself because Invisible castle was down. I hope it gets back up swiftly because it is a blatant conflict of interest!

MoLok will be token L. Yes, I keep recycling!

Anyway, you'll get the chance to roleplay why a giant Goliath is suddenly rushing into the fight as soon as it's over. Right now, I think Montroya is happy to see someone engaging these goons.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Howling Strike does [W]+1d6+Str damage. You forgot your 1d6 it seems (and you forgot it on your character sheet too).[/SBLOCK]

Menrakion

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I know, i know. Mal did the most part of my CS. I know i shouldn't trust a DM ;) but the invitation to join the group came with a "do it now or don't" kind of urgency and i didn't have the time to complete the fastidious task of creating a character at that time. It's also the reason why my first post was not as theatrical as i wish it could be but as is said, it will take me a couple of posts to adjust everything. Howerever, thanks guys for the remark about the damage on my first attack. Mal, can you add 1d6 to the damages (you "Sebed" me:p).[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually, I didn't forget to roll the d6. That was 14 total, including the d6. I phoned the result to Menrakion and he now apparently forgot that it included the D6. 1d12 came up 8, 1d6 came up 2, +Strenght 4

But if I forgot it on the sheet, then yes, It needs to be corrected.

And it wasn't that urgent; we still have Velmont and Tomalak up for their turn. I just wanted to make sure Menrakion acted on this turn so that he would be eligible for a full share of XP.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Look at your initiative. I am standing there looking at a bird while everyone (including me) is getting killed. The enemy is suppose to have there suprise action and then a full turn before I can act... or did I miss a turn.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads