• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya ducks the incoming arrow, but it still grazed his armor, ripping the hide and exposing a weak point. Seeing the newcomer the deva tips his head at him and his staff at the dragonborn. Divine lightning leaps from his implement, bolstered by the primal companion of One-Who-Waits and his own divine guidance. The goliath sees Montroya's portrayal of divine power and gain strength from the display. Even as the electricity strikes at the dragonborn, it arcs to the archer above his head.

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Reaction: Preserver's Rebuke(triggered by dragonborn hiting Molok.) Molok gains 7 temp hp and I gain a +4 on my next attack.
Standard: Divine Bolts targeting dragonborn and archer at G12. Attack vs dragonborn: +8 vs reflex, 1d6+8 lightning dam(preserver's rebuke and adj to Kn to get +4 dam vs bloodied targets.) vs archer: +4 vs ref, 1d6+4 dam.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Init: +1
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Defenses*: AC: 17, Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP:11/24 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 5/8(6) Bloodied Regeneration 2 while bloodied
AP: 0
Divine Bolts
Vanguard's Lightning
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral fire

Summon Angel of Fire
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits stays near the wall as Knotty Virtue loops through the air to strike at the remaining tiefling. Unfortunately, the tiefling dodges the serpent's strike.

[sblock=actions]Move: Knotty Virtue moves to I13.

Standard: Watcher's Strike on whichever is up. attack vs reflex; damage (1d20+4=13, 1d8+4=12). Miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 5 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=sorry]Internet broke on me for a while there, Let me check up on the map and I'll post, probably in the morning, as I've been up all day and need sleep.[/sblock]

Menrakion

First Post
Molok moves near the tiefling, grins at him and swings his sword. But instead of doing the same thing as he did to the first dragonborn, he hits the tiefling on the side of the head with the back of the blade.

As soon as the tiefling hits the ground, Molok put his feet on the creature's throat and look at the direction of the archer : "That would be the time to run away while you still have legs to do so". He then looks back at the tiefling : "Now, where is Rinch"...

[sblock=ooc]
Again, i tried to work with IC but i'm not sure if i've interpreded everything right...
I'm not sure but is the tiefling still invisible ? Since he his on the map, i assume that he was visible...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move to H13
Avalanche Strike on tiefling
(Att : 1d20+7=25 - Dmg ; 1d12+1d6+4=17)
That would kill the tiefling but I knock him unconscious for some talkings about Rinch...
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Fight Over]The archer on the roof runs away. Andrec might be able to throw a javelin at him if he feels like it, since he hasn't acted this round, but otherwiseteh archer is gone.

I'll give you time for some IC while I work on the follow up.

The tiefling knows less than you about where Rinch is, btw. He was just told a lieutenant of Rinch to ambush the clorful group of adventurers that was sure to come this way. But this pretty much guarantees that you are correct in assuming that Rinch is at the Bonded Warehouse right about now.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Satus]
By my reckoning, this is how many HP you have at the end of the fight thanks to Healing flood. Turns out it is a healing surge saver once the fight is done!

Andrec : 22 / 22 [5/7] AP
Jarel-Karn : 30 / 37 [10/11] AP
Mesa : 26 / 26 [6/9] AP
Montroya : 22 / 24 [3/8]
One-Who-Waits: 24 / 26 [9/9] AP
Molok : 33 /33 [12/12] AP
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP!]
1st Fight + Skill challenge :
9 minions X 31 = 279 xp
5 Zombies X 125 = 625 xp
1 gravehound= 150 xp
Successful minor Quest (Save civilians) 150 XP
Skill challenge = 150 XP

Total : 1354 / 6 PC = 226 XP

2nd Fight
8 thugs X 25 = 100 xp
4 zombie X 125 = 500 xp
1 Halfling thief = 125 xp
1 Spider Zombie = 150 xp
1 Necromancer = 150 xp

Total : 1125 Xp / 6 PC = 188

3rd Fight
Usurper's minion = 750 xp
2 Reapers X 150 XP = 300 XP

Total : 1050 / 5 PC = 210 XP

4th Fight (fought under the new double XP rule) :
12 archers X 31 = 372 XP
2 tiefling X 125 = 250 xp
2 dragonborn x 125 = 250 xp

Total = 872 * 2 / 6 PCs = 291 XP

Time XP (If that's all right with the judge, I do it to the day instead of to the month)

84 days / 365 * 1000XP = 230 XP

Andrec
Mesa
Montroya

---

84 days / 365 * 1250 = 288 XP

Jarel-Karn

---

18 days / 365 * 1000 XP = 49 XP

One-Who-Waits

---

9 days / 365 * 1000 XP = 25 XP

It may look silly to hand out XP for less than a month, but next time I hand out time XP, everyone will be dated from the 4th of october and I won't have to do multiple calculations.

Andrec, Mesa, Montroya : 1144 XP
(226 + 188 + 210 + 291 + 230)

Jarel-Karn : 1202 XP
(226 + 188 + 210 + 291 + 288)

One-Who-Waits : 340 XP
(291 + 49)

Molok : 316
(291 + 25)

Those who passed a level are allowed to make the appropriate change before the next encounter.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
The shimmering blue snake that has been fighting alongside the group turns slowly, its body tracing hypnotic patterns in the air. Its gaze passes over everyone who is still standing before coming to rest on One-Who-Waits, to whom it begins to speak, in a strange, seldom-heard language, its tone faintly ironic:

[sblock=Knotty Virtue, in Old Allarian]"The young one has chosen his companions in haste. Take care, take care! Let this foolish old spirit yet dare to hope that this life may be longer than the last."[/sblock]

One-Who-Waits only bows deeply in reply, and the spirit's weaving movements grow faster and faster until it vanishes in a blur.

One-Who-Waits turns to Molok and bows once more. "This bumbling individual, One-Who-Waits, humbly greets the mighty warrior," he says. "Surely this company owes the honored stranger much."

[sblock=ooc]In a side note, woohoo! I got approved just in time for XP. :D[/sblock]

Remove ads