• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]In a side note, woohoo! I got approved just in time for XP. :D[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Don't be too litteral about this. I'm pretty sure Molok isn't approved yet but you can be sure he'll get his XP for this fight even if he might not be allowed to link it just yet.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]48XP short... I feel the victim of a bad joke... but it's fine because I'm a level ahead.[/SBLOCK]

"Thanks." tells Jarel-karn to Molok. "But we are in kind of a hurry. If you want to help us to get rid of a murderous so-called immortal necromancer megalomaniac bastard called Rinch, you are welcome to come with us."

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ouch. Okay, I should be back reliably now. You know how the song goes, though "Life got in the way"...

So, I've never leveled a character on a PBP game before. I just edit my page to what I want for level 2 and move it to unapproved?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ouch. Okay, I should be back reliably now. You know how the song goes, though "Life got in the way"...

So, I've never leveled a character on a PBP game before. I just edit my page to what I want for level 2 and move it to unapproved?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, you update your sheet, at the bottom in the appropriate space you specify what choices /changes were made and then you email for approval.

BTW: At level 2 you have a one time opportunity to completely overhaul your character if you wish; you can retrain/change everything but race, class, ability score and basic concept. You can swap every feat, power and class feature if you want. After that, it's the usual 1 retrain max per level.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
"We could use yer help, that's for sure. Two of the people who started this fight with us have been laid low by it, ravaged by injury and disease."

Mesa grins and slaps the goliath on the back. "Besides, I like the idea of ye standing between me and the bad men. And zombies. And strange tentacled beasties."

[sblock=OOC]I'll get my level-up information going in a day or so, once I have time. Work is killing me right now![/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=XP]
Mal Malenkirk said:
1st Fight + Skill challenge :
9 minions X 31 = 279 xp
5 Zombies X 125 = 625 xp
1 gravehound= 150 xp
Successful minor Quest (Save civilians) 150 XP
Skill challenge = 150 XP

Total : 1354 / 6 PC = 226 XP

2nd Fight
8 thugs X 25 = 100 xp
4 zombie X 125 = 500 xp
1 Halfling thief = 125 xp
1 Spider Zombie = 150 xp
1 Necromancer = 150 xp

Total : 1125 Xp / 6 PC = 188

3rd Fight
Usurper's minion = 750 xp
2 Reapers X 150 XP = 300 XP

Total : 1050 / 5 PC = 210 XP

4th Fight (fought under the new double XP rule) :
12 archers X 31 = 372 XP
2 tiefling X 125 = 250 xp
2 dragonborn x 125 = 250 xp

Total = 872 * 2 / 6 PCs = 291 XP

Time XP (If that's all right with the judge, I do it to the day instead of to the month)

84 days / 365 * 1000XP = 230 XP

Andrec
Mesa
Montroya

---

84 days / 365 * 1250 = 288 XP

Jarel-Karn

---

18 days / 365 * 1000 XP = 49 XP

One-Who-Waits

---

9 days / 365 * 1000 XP = 25 XP

It may look silly to hand out XP for less than a month, but next time I hand out time XP, everyone will be dated from the 4th of october and I won't have to do multiple calculations.

Andrec, Mesa, Montroya : 1144 XP
(226 + 188 + 210 + 291 + 230)

Jarel-Karn : 1202 XP
(226 + 188 + 210 + 291 + 288)

One-Who-Waits : 340 XP
(291 + 49)

Molok : 316
(291 + 25)

Those who passed a level are allowed to make the appropriate change before the next encounter.

Approved, except for Molok who's not approved yet and can't receive XP. Mal, could you please make a separate award for him to link to once he's approved?

Technically, the charter says not to hand out partial months time XP except at the end of an adventure, but if it makes life easier for you, I don't feel the need to be a jerk about it. Rock on.

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=XP]

Approved, except for Molok who's not approved yet and can't receive XP. Mal, could you please make a separate award for him to link to once he's approved?

Technically, the charter says not to hand out partial months time XP except at the end of an adventure, but if it makes life easier for you, I don't feel the need to be a jerk about it. Rock on.

[/sblock]

[sblock=XP]Thanks for the swift approval. You are like the holy ghost of L4W!

What I'll do for Molok is add that 316 XP he has accumulated to his next XP award at the end of the adventure. By then he'll be approved, hopefully. He'll just link that XP award to his wiki sheet.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Levellin up]About done? It needs to be complete before next fight so give me a thumb up when ready.[/sblock]

The urgency of the situation drives the heroes to resume their race toward their destnation. Less than five minutes later, they are there. The cafe Aggetivo and right in front of it the Custom's Bonded Warehouse.

The cafe is adjoined by a nice little terrace which is occupied by a dozen customers. The warehouse is on the other side of the street. There is a large enttance door on the western side, facing the cafe, used for carts, and a smaller one atop a small flight of stairs leading presumably to an office.

Last edited:

Menrakion

First Post
After cleaning his blade on the tiefling clothes, the giant goliath turns to the group and inspects the member one by one : "Molok doesn't know if the group is fast enough to follow him, but he will need help to move in this forest of man made stones and he needs to find and kill Rinch to avenge his brother's death. Molok will accept to join the group if he can draw the last blood from Rinch."

He then follows the group hoping to find Rinch soon enough to quit this strange an unnatural place.

[sblock=ooc]GEEEE, i forgot to submit my character. I'll do it ASAP.[/sblock]

Remove ads