• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well, I took care of the immediate ranged threat. Let's gang up on a single opp at a time now if we can. Knotty Virtue might take advantage of the intelligence of the zombies, bec their dumb, they might attack the spirit. For my own sake, I'll attack enemies that are approaching as well as the cultist, just bec it could have ranged attacks. If the more powerful undead get bunched up, I'll use rebuke undead instead of preserver's rebuke.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jarel quickly move aside and before the spider could do something, he slice through it, leaving a tremor inside her.

[SBLOCK=OOC] Free: Shift to M-2
Move: Shift to M-3
Standard: Booming Blade vs Spider Zombie (1d20+11=18, 1d8+6=8) Hit, thanks to the bracket, possible by the free shift allowed by the spirit. (I forgot to add the +2 in the IC roll, but I count it in the roll showed here).

If the Spider move away from me, it takes 1d6+3 damage.

Also, note the Spider is bloodied, that's mean Molok gain +4 damage from Rage and +4 damage from Knotty Spirit (and +2 to hit from the bracket). With Howling Strike, he could do 1d12+1d6 +12... an average damage roll would kill it. *Cross finger so he kill it.*[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Mal]I take it that icon that looks like a spider-zombie next to Andrec is not actually adjacent to him, but is rather upon the catwalk? I recall there having been a zombie in that location as well, though on ground-level; shall I presume he is still there? Bedtime now, but will post again tomorrow afternoon. [/sblock]

Menrakion

First Post
Molok understands the combat strategy that Jarel is planning. Waiting the beast to be distracted by Jarel's attack, Molok quickly strikes too but misses the spider. Molok in response : AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !

[sblock=ooc]
Seeing what's coming up in next rounds, i won't use my action point right now...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Howling Strike on Spider Zombie 1
(1d20+9=13)
Attack misses
Shift one square to the doors
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=invalid]Melee basic against zombie. (I'm assuming that zombie who was there before the second spider zombie appeared on the 'ceiling' is still there, under the catwalk. vs. AC13 (1d20+9=23)
Damage = damage (1d8+4=5)

Then shift a square to stay next to Molok. (Probably putting me @ L1, presuming he's now at L0)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ah, I see...] So confusing trying to keep track of everything. I'm going to sign up on Virtual Battlemat so I can play with the markers. I'll get less confused that way (I hope).

Okay, did that. Mal, can you add me, without causing administration problems? If so, that would be great. Thanks [/sblock]

[sblock=replacement actions]I see I have been moved into combat with the Spider-Zombie, wo wie'll run with that. Move action: Over to where Andrec is now.
Standard action: Melee Basic (Vs AC 17 (1d20+9,1d8+4=[9, 9], [1, 4])) Hit for 5 Damage +4 because of Knotty Virtue and the bloodied zombie (9 total).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Zombies and Crooks on Virtual Battlemat

Mesa daringly advances into one of the alleys and scatters twao zombies by summoning powerful winds.

Rinch surges forward with amazing speed to reach the door. He is a terrible sight. Tall, thin and gaunt, his eyes are a well of darkness. He wields a wicked thorned rod and his sadistic smile indicates he wants to use it. The man notices Montroya on the catwalk and his smile turns into a snarl.

-''You?! How can it be you!?'' he yells furiously.

[sblock=Montroya]Rinch seems to recognize you from a past life.

Whether you do or not is up to you. If you want to work something out, you can PM me as I have some ideas but otherwise you are free to let this slip.
[/sblock]

The madman points his rod at Montroya and a blast of hatred surges toward the deva who grits his teeth and endure it.

-''Kill him! Kill him!'' he yell to the other SPider zombie who deftly climbs down the wall, land on the catwalk and then charge but Montroya is alert and not going down easy. He quickly dodges.

The dark monk moves in front of the de near the door and utters a dark incantation. A shadowy tentacle appears next to Jarel and grabs him, immobilizing him.

The rest of the troops are gathering.

[sblock=Actions]
Mesa
Move: to H3
Standard: CHill wind
vs ref 9 (1d20+5=20, 1d20+5=23) kills both minion

Rinch:
Moves: 6 squares
Standard:
vs Montroya
vs Will 16 (1d20+8=14, 1d6+4=10) miss

Spider Zombie
Move: 1 square to the wall 2 square to catwalk, then charge
vs AC 18 (1d20+8=11, 1d6+5=10) forgot +1 for charge, still miss.

Cultist
Moves:
Then Standard, summon tentacle:
vs ref 16 (1d20+8=23, 1d6+2=3) hit

2nd SZombie vs Jarel
vs AC 22 (1d20+8=10, 1d6+5=8) miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]People with a little S next to their Icon are on the catwalk

SZ1 : 13/45 bloodied
Zombie 1: 28/40

Andrec : 24 / 27 [5/7] AP
Jarel-Karn : 34 / 37 [9/11] AP grabbed
Mesa : 11 / 31 [6/9] AP, razorclaw shifting (+1 AC, +2 speed), bloodied
Montroya : 31 / 33 [3/8]
One-Who-Waits: 26 / 26 [8/9] AP
Molok : 29 +4 /33 [12/12] AP Rage (+4 to dmg is Molok or target is bloodied)

Mesa, Molok and Montroya are up

Rinch (The grey helmet toward the back)
Perception 14
HP 104; Bloodied 52
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 20
Speed 5
OA: Scepter of Striking
+9 vs Armor Class; 2d6 + 6 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of Rinch's next turn.

Pack Zombie (The Red M)
Perception +10; darkvision
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 10, Will 11
Slam (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Pack Attack
A pack of zombies gains a +2 bonus to its attack roll if it is adjacent to at least one other pack zombie.

The Dark Servant (Book with the skull) AKA Cultist
Perception 18
HP 52; Bloodied 26
AC 20; Fortitude 14, Reflex 18, Will 16
OA Unarmed Strike : +10 vs Armor Class; 1d8+3 damage.

Good old Zombie
Medium natural magical beast (undead)
Perception 10; darkvision
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 13; Fortitude 13, Reflex 9, Will 10
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA: +6 vs Armor Class; 2d6+2 damage.
Zombie Weakness : Any critical hit to the zombie reduces it to 0 hit points instantly.

Archers
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
OA Dagger (if drawn) +7 vs Armor Class; 2 damage.
Mob Rule (Standard; encounter)
Archers gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other Archer are within 5 squares of it.

Spider Zombie
Perception 17; darkvision
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 14
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
OA Slam (Standard, at-will)
+8 vs Armor Class; 1d6+5 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Tactics?]I'm hoping that someone can kill off the outside spider zombie before OWW takes his turn, so that Knotty Virtue can be deployed somewhere else (perhaps help Montroya get away from the spider zombie on the catwalk). Anyone have any ideas?

How is Jarel at getting out of grabs?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads