• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Skeletons

Reaper Steve

Explorer
I cannot see where that module has been made available anywhere (as I recall, Free RPG day releases were supposed to be exclusive for at least 30 days), and my copy is in a different state just now so I can't copy in the info...

Anyone?

Pertinent stuff:

Pack Zombie (Lvl 2 minion)
Init +3
AC 14, F 14, R 10 Will 11
Spd 4
:bmelee: Slam (standard, at-will) +7 v. AC, 4 damage
Pack Attack: +2 to attack roll if adjacent to at least one other pack zombie
:bmelee: Lurching Sacrifice (immediate interrupt, encounter) This power triggers automatically when a nonminion ally adjacent to a pack zombie is hit by a melee attack. The pack zombie is destroyed and the damage dealt to the ally is reduced by 5.

Anthony Jackson

First Post
Oddly enough, if you look at things like attribute bonuses, zombie rotters appear to be level 1. The easiest fix is to ignore the "level 3" statement and call them level 1, at which point they're at least competitive with decrepit skeletons, though skeletons probably still win because of the ranged attack.

Fkewl

First Post
The only beef i have with the "decrepit" skellies, is how the heck can they have functionnal bows ? They ARE DECREPIT, as in very very old.. so the bowstrings should have fallen to pieces, not even talking about the bow itself.. wood and decrepit do not mix.

As GM, i'll fluff them having Shade or DarkEnergy bows and shooting bone arrows from their own ribs.. makes a better image than having crumbling skellies and brand new bows.. Also, make the looting non-existant, since they dissapear on kill.

in the games day event our wizard was hit by 3 skels ranged attack the dm rolled 20 20 & 19 then rolled maxed damage on the 19
poor wizard was insta gibbed

Those weren't minions, though, either that or the DM was ignoring the rules completely. A minion rolling a 20 does the same damage as a minion barely making the to-hit roll, and you don't roll damage on a minion.

The wizard should have taken 4+4+4 = 12 damage. Wizards start with a minimum of 12+Con score HP. There is no way he should have been "insta-gibbed". I think you got a case of extremely bad DMing, there.

LowSpine

First Post
Beautiful.

Yes - it was when I suggested it a few weeks ago in a different thread.

To be fair the radiant damage not allowing them a save has been added and I suggested it based on someone else saying that zombies should(*cant remember exactly - it was a bit sillyish but the beginnings of a good idea.)

I also think they should have the Zombie Grab Ability - perhaps to scale it down for a minion the grab only lasts until the end of your next turn - you automatically break free from their weak grab.

Remove ads