• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Rouse-attributed quote that should die now

In case you missed it, Scott Rouse recently posted this on the Wizards boards:

Scott Rouse said:
BTW that quote attributed to me at D&D Experience that you reference here was wrong. Most was right except I said we have a lot of great products through the end of the year (2007) not through 2008 as it was attributed. I never corrected it on ENworld because it would have dumped a ton of gas on the 4e rumors.
Linkage: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=905801&page=5

So if you're one who interpreted "through 2008" as meaning "through the end of 2008", which doesn't follow from the normal meaning of the words anyway, you can stop now. Mr. Rouse was misquoted.

Jared Rascher

Explorer
I've been wrong about several things in the last week, so this is just one more. Let me say, publicly, that I'm sorry to have repeated this misquote and to have used it as an argument against trusting statements that might have been issued by WOTC. I was wrong, and I'm sorry to have repeated this without having heard the quote myself.

I think in the end, the reason it had the resonance that it did is that many people wanted to hear that there was not going to be a 4th edition coming out for a period of time that was comfortable to them, so having any kind of confirmation was welcomed by them.

Again, I, for one, am sorry for this misunderstanding.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
You know, he may have been misquoted, but it'd darn easy to say "I was misquoted" after the :):):):) hits the fan. What's next? I didn't say 2008 as I understood the term? Define is?

Numion

First Post
The there was the other misquote, that they "weren't working on new edition of D&D". It was missing the part ".. that will require the use of miniatures."

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Thurbane said:
I guess that renders this moot:

Image deleted. Just because something is funny doesn't mean it's exempt from the "no politics" rule. -Darkness
This is the second-funniest thing I've seen all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Scott should have done what the rest of us would do in that situation.

Created an alt, logged on to where the false rumor was posted, and say "Nuh uh. That's not what he said, I heard it!" That or asked a friend to post it :)

JustinA

Banned
Banned
Fifth Element said:
So if you're one who interpreted "through 2008" as meaning "through the end of 2008", which doesn't follow from the normal meaning of the words anyway, you can stop now. Mr. Rouse was misquoted.

Even with the clarification, he was still lying so I'm not sure how much difference it really makes at this point.

(And I also have to question your claim that "through 2008" would mean anything other than "until the end of 2008". If some advertises a sale that lasts "through Sunday", it doesn't end Saturday night. The word "through" is not a synonym for "until". Your claim becomes even more bizarre, since you're claiming that Scott Rouse, after his clarification, was claiming in February 2007 that WotC was planning to produce 3rd Edition supplements until the end of 2006.)

Justin Alexander
http://www.thealexandrian.net

Remove ads