Extra Life Is Not Over - More Previews Still Coming If Thresholds Met

Although the 48-hour D&D game is over, Extra Life still continues -- and people can still pledge. WotC's Greg Bilsland dropped me a quick note to say "For folks wondering about the remaining Extra Life previews [of Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide] — we will still release them if we get to our thresholds. Extra Life is through end of the year, so the map may still be released digitally if we get to $100k.... We may still have a few other smaller events before end of year." The remaining items on the list included the Duergar race entry, including subrace traits, and a full, updated, high res, labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale, and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands.

Here's where you can make your donation! Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide hits store shelves on November 3rd.

SCAG_Background_Carousel.jpg

So from the description "Full, updated, high res, labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale, and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands."

It would be an updated version of this map http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/map_images/306071/faerun.jpg

That description is interesting. Added to the fact we're going to get Cormyrian Purple Dragon Knights, maybe we will actually get detailed updates on Cormyr, Sembia, the Dalelands, and the Moonsea in the book, despite those regions having never been considered part of the "Sword Coast" before.

My guess is it will be that map on the Dragon+ interview, with some labels for important places, and perhaps some roads. I don't expect as many details but I think the area is roughly the same shown in your link. I would post a link but I can't find that interview.

"There's an overview map of northern Faerun and a map of the Sword Coast and North region, as well as maps of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, Waterdeep, and Luskan."

That map accompanying that text is labeled "Northern Faerun" (granted, it's basically all of Faerun, bar the far south coast), so the map they are talking releasing would be the second map described in the text.

discosoc

First Post
So basically they won't release fairly essential stuff like a map of the setting unless people pay more money first. Classy. I normally wouldn't care about this, but since they seem hellbent on making everything set in Forgotten Realms, they really need to do some clarifying on what's going on with the world. The HotDQ map, for example, seems to be more inline with pre-spellplague, so I've found myself using the older 3rd edition map rather than the other stuff.

So basically they won't release fairly essential stuff like a map of the setting unless people pay more money first. Classy. I normally wouldn't care about this, but since they seem hellbent on making everything set in Forgotten Realms, they really need to do some clarifying on what's going on with the world. The HotDQ map, for example, seems to be more inline with pre-spellplague, so I've found myself using the older 3rd edition map rather than the other stuff.

Well, it still will be in the book. They're just releasing previews if people donate to charity. It's hardly forcing our hands - if not enough people donate, it's only a matter of waiting a few weeks until the book is released.

Paraxis

Explorer

That isn't what is going on.

The material is a preview of what is in the book, and I am sure that they will either post the map when the book is released or at least put up a lower rez version and the artist will offer the full high rez for sale.

ChapolimX

Explorer
That map accompanying that text is labeled "Northern Faerun" (granted, it's basically all of Faerun, bar the far south coast), so the map they are talking releasing would be the second map described in the text.

This is the map I'm talking about: View attachment 70860
This map is fairly comprehensive though I don't think we will get all the descriptions considering the page count of the ToC.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases