We're looking at two storylines a year. Right now, we have plans laid down for stories up through 2018.
- Mike Mearls
- D&D Starter Set (available; boxed set; $19.99) [reviews]
- D&D Basic Rules (available; continually updated PDF; free) [reviews]
- D&D Player's Handbook (available; 320-page hardcover rulebook; $49.99) [reviews]
- Hoard of the Dragon Queen (available; 96-page hardcover adventure; $29.95) [reviews]
- D&D Monster Manual (available; 352-page hardcover; $49.99) [reviews]
- The Rise of Tiamat (available; 96-page hardcover adventure; $29.95) [reviews]
- D&D Dungeon Master's Guide (available; 320-page hardcover; $49.99) [reviews]
- Deluxe D&D DM Screen (available; $14.95) -- "Manage your campaign with this indispensable Dungeon Master accessory for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. The red dragon Thraxata the Flamefiend and her kobold minions confront a party of intrepid adventurers, who protect their ranger as she attempts to finish the fight by using a legendary arrow of dragon slaying meant specifically for this red wyrm. This durable, four-panel Deluxe Dungeon Master’s Screen, lavishly adorned with illustrations inside and out, will enchant and inspire players and the Dungeon Master. Its landscape design allows the Dungeon Master to easily see beyond and reach over the screen, even as it keeps die rolls and notes hidden from players. Tables inside provide essential support for the three pillars of play–combat, exploration, and interaction–to Dungeon Masters of all skill levels."[/HQ] [reviews]
- D&D Adventurer's Handbook (cancelled; hardcover accessory; $39.95) -- "Create Heroic Characters to Conquer the Elements in this Accessory for the World’s Greatest Roleplaying Game. Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Adventurer’s Handbook provides everything that players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil story arc, with skills, abilities, and spells meant to augment their play experience throughout the campaign. Additionally, valuable background and story information provides greater depth and immersion. An accessory that expands the number of options available for character creation for the Elemental Evil story arc, providing expanded backgrounds, class builds, and races meant specifically for this campaign. Provides background and setting information critical to having the greatest chance of success." - [cancelled!]
- Princes of the Apocalypse (available; hardcover adventure; $49.95) -- "Abolish an Ancient Evil Threatening Devastation in this Adventure for the World’s Greatest Roleplaying Game. Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms. A super-adventure for the Elemental Evil story arc, Princes of the Apocalypse provides everything a Dungeon Master needs to create an exciting and memorable play experience."[reviews]
- Out of the Abyss (available; hardcover adventure; $49.95) -- "The demon lords have been summoned from the Abyss and players must descend into the Underdark with the iconic hero Drizzt Do’Urden to stop the chaos before it threatens the surface." By Green Ronin Publishing. [reviews]
- Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (available; hardcover setting sourcebook; $39.95) -- "Get everything you need to adventure in the Forgotten Realms on the exciting Sword Coast, home to the cities of Baldur’s Gate, Waterdeep, and Neverwinter! A collaboration between Green Ronin Publishing and the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast."
- Curse of Strahd (available; hardcover adventure; $49.95) -- "Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. Far below, yet not beyond his keen eyesight, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd’s face forms the barest hint of a smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they came — all according to his plan. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited."
- Storm King's Thunder (September 6th; 256 pages; hardcover) -- giant-themed adventure. "This 256-page adventure for characters level 1 – 11+ provides everything a Dungeon Master needs to create an exciting and memorable play experience for the Storm King’s Thunder story, including rune magic items, a new treasure option for characters."
- Volo's Guide to Monsters (November 15th; 224 pages; hardcover) -- "Explore the breadth of D&D’s monsters in this immersive 224-page volume filled with beautiful illustrations and in-depth lore."
- Unnamed Storyline(s) -- "Froghemoths & Flail Snails - Oh My! Chris Perkins' New Adventure Sneak Peek"
- Codename 'Cloak' ... "they were going up into the icy mountains, and this temple under a mountain that's basically become a repository of evil. There was this sect of good-aligned wizards and paladins who were keeping this temple, and all of the evil within it, trapped there, to keep the world from going, you know, crazy. Keep the world safe. But that was 400, 500 years ago. What's in there enow? Well, maybe the wizards have all died off. Maybe they sort of succumbed to the evil there. Who knows? But it's an interesting story, and that's a piece, or a fragment, of a story that is going to be important in the future."
- Codename 'Dagger' -- "Dagger is a story in which you're going around and pillaging the ancestral mounds of barbarian tribes. And that has a slightly different feel, don't you think? It feels a bit more pulpy, and oh, you're got an airship! Great!"
- Dungeons & Dragons Basic Rules -- The Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons is a PDF (over 100 pages, in fact) that covers the core of the game. It runs from levels 1 to 20 and covers the cleric, fighter, rogue, and wizard, presenting what we view as the essential subclass for each. It also provides the dwarf, elf, halfling, and human as race options; in addition, the rules contain 120 spells, 5 backgrounds, and character sheets. [reviews]
- Rise of Tiamat Online Supplement -- 38 pages of magic items, monsters, and spells.
- Elemental Evil Player's Companion -- Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline. New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command.
Let's say we wanted to do psionics. We'd tie that to a campaign you can play, maybe one centered on mind flayers or a similar foe. The psionic sourcebook would be the player's companion to the DM's mind flayer campaign. The sourcebook would have all the info for creating psionic characters, along with world material for players who are creating characters for the mind flayer campaign. The player's book might also have a chapter written from an in-world perspective on psionics and psionic monsters, the kind of information that a character might have access to or have heard. You can expect us to do one or two such products a year, to give people enough time to play through a campaign without overwhelming them with new options.
- Mike Mearls
Official Licensed Products
- D&D Spell Cards (Gale Force 9; available) -- "Gale Force 9, a long-time official licensee for D&D products, will be producing a series of D&D "Spellbook Cards" for the new edition of the game. They have now slipped to late September. "Gale Force Nine’s Spellbook Cards are an invaluable resource for any magic-user. The first three sets of cards will be in stores by late September. Wizards, Warlocks and Sorcerers will have access to the comprehensive Arcane set, while Paladins and Rangers will each have their own specialized decks of cards. Each deck is made from thick laminated card so they will stand the test of time. Late October will see the release of Spellbook Cards for Clerics, Druids and Bards." [reviews]
- Character Token Set (Gale Force 9; available) -- durable acrylic condition tokens. [reviews]
- D&D Attack Wing (Wizkids; available) -- "tactical flight and ground combat miniatures game, featuring pre-painted dragons, siege weaponry, and troops from the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms® universe."
- Tyranny of Dragons DM Screen (Gale Force 9; available) [reviews]
- Elemental Evil Dungeon Master's Screen (Gale Force 9; March 2015). [reviews]
- Fantasy Grounds - Fantasy Grounds is an officially licensed Virtual Tabletop. [reviews]
- Curse of Strahd Tarokka Deck (Gale Force 9; March 15). 54 tarokka cards for use with the adventure.