A Mildly Interesting Traffic Report

I was looking at EN World's Google Analytics data today. I thought I'd share some of the traffic information. 317,754 unique users on EN World in the last 30 days sharing 747,962 individual user sessions. So on average folks visit twice a month. (Depending on the area of the site, that varies a lot - the news page is the single most viewed page by a long shot, but the forums have the most...

I was looking at EN World's Google Analytics data today. I thought I'd share some of the traffic information.

317,754 unique users on EN World in the last 30 days sharing 747,962 individual user sessions. So on average folks visit twice a month. (Depending on the area of the site, that varies a lot - the news page is the single most viewed page by a long shot, but the forums have the most repeat sessions, for obvious reasons). The average session duration is 4.5 minutes.

The average individual news article gets viewed roughly 90,000 times in its first week.

The forums have 296,805 threads made up of 6,165,123 posts written by 164,262 registered members.

Of those, 62.5% are in the US, 8.3% in Canada, 5.6% in the UK, 3% in Australia, 2.5% in Germany, 2% in Brazil, 1.8% in Italy, 1.1% in France, 0.9% in the Netherlands, 0.85% in Spain.

Returning visitors make up 67% of the audience, with new visitors comprising 33%.

73% use desktop computers to visit, 18% use phones, 8% use tablets.

Most popular search engine keywords (aside from the site name or variations) are "d&d 5th edition character sheet", "d&d 5e summon steed", "best rpg shop london", "d&d miniatures list", "dungeon #209", "dungeon adventure index 4th", "d&d 5th learning new skills", "windwalker prestige class", "monk magic item". The list of keywords is many thousands long, of course, featuring most every RPG game, term, phrase, question, or word you can think of; those are just the top few.

Weird keywords include "dead tree ladies", "how long is aquaman", and "who is a fish".

Most popular referring sites (non-search-engine): Reddit, Facebook, wizards.com, RPGnet, Google+, Giant in the Playground, adnddownloads.com, rpg.stackexchange.com, Paizo, Facebook mobile app, Circvs Maximvs.

I used to get demographic data (age, gender) but it seems the system's changed for that and I need to update the Google Analytics code. That's a pain, but I do want that information because I want the site to be as inclusive as possible.

All that is just the last month. It may have been very different the preceding month! Over the last 12 months, the site has seen nearly 4,000,000 unique users sharing nearly 10,000,000 individual sessions.

What's great about this is the remarkable, steady rebuild since the Great Hack a couple of years ago. It's taken a long time, and a lot of hard work, and I've written a LOT of daily news articles to repair that damage in terms of audience over the last two years, but the site is well on its way.

Shayuri

First Post
*chuckles patronizingly*

Don't you see, Tarionz? There is no fish. The magic was in you, all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads