Voting Is Open For Most Anticipated RPG of 2018!
  • View Poll Results: Select your most anticipated RPGs of 2018! (You may choose more than one game)

Voters
      The results in this poll are hidden.
    • 7th Sea: Khitai

0%
    • Alternity 2017 - A Science Fiction Roleplaying Game

0%
    • Aquelarre: the dark & mature medieval RPG

0%
    • Capharnaum - The Roleplaying Game

0%
    • Cortex Prime

0%
    • Dark Conspiracy

0%
    • Deluxe Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition

0%
    • Deviant: the Renegades

0%
    • Dusk City Outlaws

0%
    • Eclipse Phase, Second Edition RPG

0%
    • Esper Genesis: Heroic Sci-Fi Role-Playing for 5E

0%
    • Forbidden Lands: Retro Open-World Survival Fantasy RPG

0%
    • Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse

0%
    • Invisible Sun

0%
    • John Carter - The Roleplaying Game

0%
    • Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD

0%
    • Kult: Divinity Lost

0%
    • Legend of the Five Rings RPG 5th Edition

0%
    • LexOccultum

0%
    • Mutant Crawl Classics RPG

0%
    • N.O.W. The Modern Action Roleplaying Game

0%
    • Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny

0%
    • Paladin: Warriors of Charlemagne

0%
    • Prince Valiant, the Storytelling Game

0%
    • RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha

0%
    • Sentinel Comics RPG

0%
    • Spire RPG

0%
    • The Expanse

0%
    • The Witcher Roleplaying Game

0%
    • The Yellow King Roleplaying Game

0%
    • This Defiant Earth: 1950s Sci-Fi Movie Roleplaying!

0%
    • Tiny Dungeon 2e - Minimalist fantasy roleplaying is back!

0%
    • Top Secret: The New World Order

0%
    • Torg Eternity

0%
    • Trinity Continuum

0%
    • Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition

0%
    • Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory

0%
    • Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game

0%
    • Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing Fourth Edition

0%
    • Western - the Roleplaying Game

0%
    Multiple Choice Poll.

Two Days Left To Vote For Most Anticipated RPG of 2018!

You may now vote for the most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of 2018. Last week, I took nominations; this poll includes all qualifying nominated games. To qualify, it must be a standalone RPG, NOT a supplement, setting, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory, it must be currently scheduled for a 2018 release, and it must have received at least one nomination last week. Voting closes on Saturday 16th December. You may vote for more than one game. Last year's winner, Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds, is pictured below.

NOTE - THE POLL DOESN'T SHOW IN TAPATALK OR THE EN WORLD APP. YOU WILL NEED TO VISIT THIS PAGE ON A WEB BROWSER. SORRY!

Previous Winners

2013 13th Age
    2015 Star Wars Force & Destiny
    2016 Rifts for Savage Worlds
    2017 Trudvang Chronicles

SaveSave
    SaveSave
    SaveSave
    SaveSave
    SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
    SaveSave
    Comments 86 Comments
      nerfherder -
      I've been waiting for the new RQ since the 80's
      Big Mac -
      None of the above. I'm waiting to see if Wizard of the Coast will bring back an out of print D&D campaign setting (and then open that setting up on DMs Guild).
      Hand of Evil -
      John Carter

I gave up on The Witcher after Gen Con and going to the seminars, did not like what I heard.
      Sithikurro -
      L5R 5th ed @Hand of Evil - can you write what you know about the Witcher RPG? I know next to nothing, except the fact that we had one Witcher RPG here in Poland years ago (didn't like it at all). But I guess the new one is something else.
      JohnnyZemo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
      None of the above. I'm waiting to see if Wizard of the Coast will bring back an out of print D&D campaign setting (and then open that setting up on DMs Guild).
      Setting material is easy to port to different editions, and there's so much old setting material available on DM's Guild (and in the books already on my shelves) that I'd rather have something new, but I seem to be in the minority as far as that goes.

At any rate, a setting wouldn't be eligible for this poll, so it's a moot point.

It would be interesting to see a "Most Anticipated Product (Other Than New RPGs)" poll. Might be too broad. Or a "Product I'd Most Like To Have That Has Not Been Announced Yet" poll. :-)
      AriochQ -
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZemo View Post
      Setting material is easy to port to different editions, and there's so much old setting material available on DM's Guild (and in the books already on my shelves) that I'd rather have something new, but I seem to be in the minority as far as that goes.

At any rate, a setting wouldn't be eligible for this poll, so it's a moot point.

It would be interesting to see a "Most Anticipated Product (Other Than New RPGs)" poll. Might be too broad. Or a "Product I'd Most Like To Have That Has Not Been Announced Yet" poll. :-)
      It is not so much about porting it as it is using the setting for new content. I have a bunch of stuff tied to Greyhawk I could offer on DM's Guild. But, it is not allowed since all content needs to either be setting neutral or FR. It would be possible to make it setting neutral, but it decreases the quality of the content IMHO.
      FickleGM -
      Numenera 2 is the only thing to which I am looking foward in 2018.
    1. Doctor Futurity -
      Showing my age by voting for Runequest, Kult, Dark Conspiracy and Warhammer 4th.
      Arilyn -
      This is a really good list, with a lot of variety in both theme and style. I'm particularly looking forward to "The Yellow King." The premise is really cool, and well, Robin Laws! Can't go too far wrong with his game designs.

Also, really looking forward to Torg. Had so much fun with the original boxed set. I'm curious about Cortex, as well. I have a big soft spot for Warhammer, as it is the game that got me excited about the hobby, far too many years ago.

Looks like 2018 could be bad for my wallet.
      TrippyHippy -
      Warhammer roleplaying looks to be having a big 2018 with three new editions/games for different settings, of which the original WFRP4 is my most anticipated game. Then Judge Dredd, possibly Vampire and Trinity, and a host of kickstarter projects I've backed which are quite long due...
      gantry -
      No Ghost Ops RPG, surprising.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by gantry View Post
      No Ghost Ops RPG, surprising.
      Are you surprised that you didn’t nominate it?
      spiggs18 -
      For me it's easily Numenera 2 and InvisibleSun. I've become a Monte Cook Games Fanboy.
      Kieriko -
      Definitely Forbidden Lands. I love Tales From the Loop, I fully trust Fria Ligan.
      Olgar Shiverstone -
      Where's 6E D&D?
      Enevhar Aldarion -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
      Considering this vote is for full games and not just settings for existing game systems, nothing like that would be in the poll to begin with.
      MidnightBlue -
      Too many great games coming...

Definitely, VERY interested in the Capharnaum RPG currently. The Kickstarter is still in full swing for any interested. But Arabian flavored fantasy? Yes please! And even that description of the game is far too limiting to all of the flavors available in the Capharnaum RPG.

Cortex Prime is the return of one of my favorite game systems (Cortex Plus with the option for Cortex (Classic) and additional options).

Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition - Hell ya! I've been waiting on new material for Wraith for sometime. It's the only WoD 20th anniversary edition that I went for, but I couldn't stay away.

Prince Valiant and Paladin both look great and I'm happy I backed those. Same with Kult.

I had to back out of Invisible Sun's Kickstarter due to finance crash, but I'm hoping I'll be able to pull some funds together for it next year.

Lots of good things coming. For the ones that I didn't help Kickstart...I hope I can find the money to grab all of them someway somehow.

=)
      DMMike -
      Quote Originally Posted by Olgar Shiverstone View Post
      Where's 6E D&D?
      I'm also anticipating 6E. And Modos 2 Deluxe Edition, and Titansgrave 2 (even if it's only on YouTube).

But of the nominated ones, I'm squarely expecting some design innovation from Alternity.
      darkmoonrising -
      Warhammer Fantasy 4th Ed is easily my most anticipated for 2018.

Other like Alternity and Esper Genesis I backed on Kickstarter so of course I have supported them on the poll here . There's a few on the list I haven't heard of before, so I might need to find out more. Lots of good choices upcoming new games for 2018, its a good time to be a gamer!
    1. Lwaxy -
      Forbidden Lands, Spire, The Expanse
    Comments Leave Comment