Two Days Left To Vote For Most Anticipated RPG of 2018!

I've been waiting for the new RQ since the 80's :cool:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
L5R 5th ed [MENTION=371]Hand of Evil[/MENTION] - can you write what you know about the Witcher RPG? I know next to nothing, except the fact that we had one Witcher RPG here in Poland years ago (didn't like it at all). But I guess the new one is something else.

Setting wise the game is taking place during the early part of the war and focus is not on Witchers but other classes for players to play in that period of time. This was very disappoint to hear for me. Yes, there are Witchers but they are loners and shunned. They did not talk much on the system, calling it a "life path" where actions impacted the characters.

The good/bad news is that CD Project Red had not signed off of anything as of Gen Con 2017, so things could change, which I think may be happening, as no game release date has been forth coming.

CFong

First Post
So these are the games that I voted for, in no particular order:

1.) Mutant Crawl Classics RPG - Supported the Kickstarter for this. I love me some DCC, so a crazy, gonzo, gamma world-esque version of the game has me very excited
2.) Sentinel Comics RPG - On one hand, I'm not all the crazy about the Sentinels of the Multiverse card game. On the other hand, I tried this game out at this past Gen Con, and it was quite fun. Anyone remember Marvel Heroic Roleplaying from Margaret Weis Productions, which used the cortex rules? Well, Sentinels is essentially Marvel 2.0. I just ordered the Starter Kit today, and am looking forward to the full release of the core book next year.

3.) The Witcher Roleplaying Game - I love me some Witcher; the books are enjoyable, though I always have this nagging feeling that I'm losing something in translation whenever I read stories not written in their native language. But I digress; I also enjoyed the videogames. So a tabletop version of the Witcher? Sign me up! Now, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out next year, but fingers crossed. My understanding is that it's being edited right now from R. Talsorian's latest blog posts, and it that process, needs approval from CD Projekt Red, so hopefully everything works out for us fans.

4.) Top Secret: The New World Order - So this genre normally doesn't get me excited, but the reason I supported this game on Kickstarter is because I actually played this game for a bit when I was a kid, and had some fond memories of the game, so I'm hoping this game will take me back and good times will be had by all.

5.) Torg Eternity - Got a nice Shadowrun vibe from this game, with its modern day marriage of fantasy and technology, so I backed this one on Kickstarter also. I think there's something wrong with me...;) Honestly haven't quite kept up with the progress of the game, but I have a good feeling about it.

MidnightBlue

Explorer
Good news for the list...Capharnaum RPG just funded in Kickstarter a few hours ago. No doubt it still could have made a 2018 showing even without funding, but now we know it will be on its way.

:)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads