Extra Slot / Extra Spell

Jai Kel

Lurker Extraordinaire
Both of these are in Tome and Blood, but what would keep Divine casters from taking these?

The prerequisite is Spellcaster level, NOT Spellcaster type. Also,
they are [General] feats.

Has anyone come across any information about this?

pontus

First Post
Jai Kel said:
Both of these are in Tome and Blood, but what would keep Divine casters from taking these?

As far as I know (which admittedly is little since I don't own Tome and Blood), nothing. Rogues aren't kept from taking Hold The Line just because it's in Sword and Fist, are they?

Though I'm not sure why a Divine caster would want Extra Spell...

graydoom

First Post
AFAIK, nothing prohibits divine casters from taking those feats. The feats might not do all that much for divine spellcasters, but they can be taken by them.

If someone's divine caster wants to take these, I see no problem with that.

bret

First Post
Absolutely nother prevents a Divine caster from taking Extra Slot. It only requires a spell caster level of four or greater.

OTOH, There would be little benefit for a divine caster to taking an extra spell. They can already use every spell.

EOL

First Post
Unfortunate Side Effect

By gearing each of the Class Supplement books to two classes it gives the impression that only those two classes are eligable for the new feats and prestige classes, but in reality 3E by it's very nature is very flexible and there should be lots of overlap.

Attachments

• Dragon+22-cover.JPG
    Dragon+22-cover.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 19,808

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
What EOL - among others - said.

Also, Extra Spell really only makes sense for sorcerers and bards (and for shugenja, if you count OA classes; also, for a few prestige classes that can know only a limited, fixed, amount of spells per level).

Remove ads