Ends Meat - OOC

Halford

First Post
Excellent, I think I'll go ahead and post the thread. Still awaiting some responses, but since the game was designed for 3-4 PCs and we have three definites everything looks good!

Garyh: Sarn looks great, like the name.

Walking Dad: Generally you want to post the characters and the email the judges, though I'm sure it won't be a big issue.

If you fellas would post your entries to the Red Dragon I will bring your prospective employer in shortly after - to avoid having to repeat, etc.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Excellent, I think I'll go ahead and post the thread. Still awaiting some responses, but since the game was designed for 3-4 PCs and we have three definites everything looks good!

Garyh: Sarn looks great, like the name.

Walking Dad: Generally you want to post the characters and the email the judges, though I'm sure it won't be a big issue.

If you fellas would post your entries to the Red Dragon I will bring your prospective employer in shortly after - to avoid having to repeat, etc.

Can I take an unapproved character into the inn? Didn't look like that was allowed...

On a positive note, Trouvere already replied with a few small things I needed to fix, so hopefully Sarn won't be unapproved for too long.

Halford

First Post
Yes you can enter then Inn and even start adventuring with an Unapproved character. Traditionally the only thing you cannot do is recieve XP, you can earn it as long as the DM does not hand it out before you are approved.

My first character adventurewred for well over a month, nearly two, before being approved - though I don't think it will take anywhere near that long for you guys.

Halford

First Post
Walking Dad I am going to suggest you use your Cleric since, your other character requires two as yet unapproved variants. I think Battle Sorcerer is fairly likely to be approved, but I'm not so sure about the familiar change, I'd allow it but I'm not sure LEW will.

I do wish they would spell out more clearly what is and what is not allowed. For example one of my characters is an Urban Ranger a class which was approved, but not listed as approved. Hopefully you will get a swift response from the judges and we can proceed from there.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, I will post an entrance for Midias soon.

Submitting the other character was a bit of an experiment. But I would like to play the elf, too.

Errandir

First Post
It looks like this one started earlier today, but you're still interested in more characters. Can I enter mine? I may require a bit of coaching, but I think I'll pick things up quickly. My character isn't approved, either (I'm not even sure all the details are right...), but you said that's fine as long as I don't earn XP.

I'll wait until I get an answer here before trying to post in the game thread. And feel free to say no; I won't be insulted if you think I need to take a bit more time to learn the game and finalize my character before I play a fast-paced game like this.

Halford

First Post
I don't mind giving a bit of coaching Errandir, my major concern is commitment as attrition rates in pbp are often fairly high. But if you feel you can commit to continue in the game for a goodly time I'm game.

What kind of character were you thinking of making?

Errandir

First Post
Don't worry about commitment. I can't promise I'll still be playing in a couple of months or a year, but if I sign up for an adventure, I won't drop out before it's finished.

Here's what I've got so far for my character:

---------------------------------------------------------

Ries Moinnael
Half-Elven Fighter

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 105 lb

Strength - 12
Dexterity - 15 (+2 for half-elven, I think)
Constitution - 12 (-2 for half elven)
Intelligence - 14
Wisdom - 12
Charisma - 12

If I calculated correctly, I should have 16 skill points to use, and can put at most four points in any one skill.

I put four into weaponsmithing, eight half-points into escape artist, and four half-points into hide (the fighter class had annoyingly few interesting skills, so I used cross-class skills as well).

For feats, I took Combat Reflexes (means I can make a number of extra attacks per round equal to my dexterity bonus) and Weapon Finesse (for rapier – makes the damage based on my dexterity and not strength, as long as I have nothing in my other hand). Oh, and Ries is left-handed, though that shouldn’t affect anything

I'm wasn’t sure exactly how to pick equipment. I just took basic items, and made sure not to get anything too expensive. Anyways, Ries has a rapier (1d6, 18-20 x2), and two throwing daggers (I think 1d6 for a half-elf, because it’s medium, and 19-20 x2 with a 10 foot range). I thought it wasn’t unreasonable for him to have studded leather armor (armor bonus +3, armor check -1, max dex bonus +5), but if other people do I can change it to leather.

I’m also going to assume he has basic gear: a backpack, flint and steel, a waterskin, decent traveling clothes, basic weaponsmithing tools, and maybe 5 gp or so.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If anything there doesn't work, or if I'm missing any information, please tell me.

Last edited:

Remove ads