Father of the Pride: Any other fans but me here?

LoneWolf23

First Post
I'm surprised nobody's been talking about this new show.. It's been
on NBC for four episodes now, it's a new CGI cartoon series
featuring the behind-the-scenes life of some of Siegfried and Roy's
stage animals featuring the voices of John Goodman, Cheryl Hymes and
Carl Reiner, with some rather nifty moments, and nobody's talking
about it?

Dark Jezter

First Post
I watched it for the first time earlier tonight, and I loved it. Very clever and funny.

Plus, it even had Donkey from Shrek in a cameo role. How cool is that? :cool:

Crothian

First Post
I've been suprised with it. Usually we ghame on Tuesdays but it just so happens theat we've not been and IO've gotten to watch the show. I've been pleasently suprised as I was not expecting it to be that good. It was billed as an adult cartoon and it actually is, yet well done.

Jamdin

Explorer
I have mixed feelings about the show. I love the scenes with Seigfried and Roy but the only "animal" that I like so far is the old lion voiced by Carl Reiner. The show is great to watch right after Animal's Planet "King of the Jungle II" (too bad the finale is next week).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I finally got to watch the show today for the first time, and I was pleased. I enjoy anthropomorphic animals as a matter of course, and animation as well, so I was gravitating to this show before it even aired.

In terms of the show's own merits, it's amusing, but no more or less than any other sitcom out there, I think.

LoneWolf23

First Post
Well, I'm glad to see more people who like the show.. I've posted this question on other boards, and usually all I get are "Meh, I'm not interested" answers.. I'm surprised that there's so little enthusiasm for such a cool cgi cartoon series. As for the "adult" tag, I don't find it more adult then some episodes of Simpsons or Family Guy (remember the episode where Homer and Marge decide to have sex in public to spice up their marriage?)

jasper

Rotten DM
saw last night. Nice cgi. the story line was old when Lucy ball did it the second time around. enough adult stuff to keep me watching if nothing else is on.

mojo1701

First Post
I saw part of the pilot, and I thought it was good. Especially the part with Sigfried and Roy and the animal pheromones...

John Crichton

First Post
I TiVo it to catch the opening minutes of Scrubs, just in case.

I watched the first 2 eps. It is okay and I'm willing to give it a chance. There were one or 2 good laughs in there I must admit. S&R are the best part of the show, hands-down. There needs to be more of them.

Kesh

First Post
I've only caught bits 'n pieces of it, but so far I'm not impressed. It's mostly the same old comedy cliches with animated lions.

I did like the rave scene last week though. Priceless. :)

Remove ads