John Wick 4 (spoilers in tags)

Saw John Wick 4 over the weekend... well, saw most of it. The girl I went to see it with wasn't feeling well, so we left right as he walks up the stairs from the sewers and the Eiffel Tower is in the background.

I totally see the "wooden acting" bit. I think they tried to have every word John, Winston, The Bowery King, and a few other characters (okay, everyone... even the waiter... i'm sure there was a waiter somewhere in there) say have some level of gravitas.

The action was still very cool. I thought they were great. John Wick's version of Daredevil was pretty fun. He had some funny lines and moments as well as some pretty cool fights scenes as far as i saw.

I liked this movie better than part 3. At least as much as I got to see. I may just go watch it again tonight and finish watching the whole movie. i'm on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so I'm pretty much left with nothing to do. May as well go watch it.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Saw John Wick 4 over the weekend... well, saw most of it. The girl I went to see it with wasn't feeling well, so we left right as he walks up the stairs from the sewers and the Eiffel Tower is in the background.

So ... I hope you got to go back, because the part you missed took everything to 11.

Seriously, there were 3 1/2 EPIC setpieces, any one of which would have been the crowning achievement of any other film, and they're all right there. And I'm not even including the actual ending of the movie.

So ... I hope you got to go back, because the part you missed took everything to 11.

Seriously, there were 3 1/2 EPIC setpieces, any one of which would have been the crowning achievement of any other film, and they're all right there. And I'm not even including the actual ending of the movie.
No, I haven't had a chance as of yet to go back and finish watching it. I'm thinking I might watch it after I get out of the gym tonight.

Ryujin

Legend
OK, so I watched "John Wick 4" a couple of days ago, and noticed that the homages were pretty blatant. I caught references to "The Warriors" and "Kung Fu." The whole movie was pretty much a reference to "Zatoichi." Did anyone else catch references that I might have missed?

Remove ads