Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

Dark Nemesis

First Post
For the moment, Amora was content to watch as the battle ensued, though she occasionally ducked out of the way of a stray power bolt. The fighting amused her, though her amusement quickly faded as she finds herself doused in flame-retardant foam. She glanced upward with a look of annoyance marring her pretty face, even as the foam quickly dissipated. The foam had better not have messed up her hair, or heads would roll....

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

'This is going too far . . . Paul thought as he pulled his gun from his jacket pocket. The look from Hammond made him pause, though.

After Hammond barked his order, Paladin watched him carefully to see how he had triggered the foam. Something like that might come in handy in the future.

BrotherGustadt

First Post
Torpedo

Brock brushes fire retardant off of his shoulder. He hadn't wanted to stir up trouble. Heck, he'd been trying to head trouble off at the pass with his little speech, but he should have known better. The room had turned into a mob, the mob had turned angry, and his passing attempt at pacifying the people involved had really only served to push them over the edge. When the punching began, he'd done his best to stay out of it; sure, he could probably take half these guys off of their feet if he wanted to wind up the turbines a little bit, but what would that accomplish other than making himself the target?

Now he goes back to waiting, mentally noting the two women who'd also kept themselves out of the scrum.

hero4hire

Explorer
Keia said:
'This is going too far . . . Paul thought as he pulled his gun from his jacket pocket. The look from Hammond made him pause, though.

After Hammond barked his order, Paladin watched him carefully to see how he had triggered the foam. Something like that might come in handy in the future.

For Keia's eyes:
OOC: Spot roll 14+8 =22 easily beating the 15 DC.

Paladin sees a slight wavering of the air between Hammond and the fire "sprinklers" as if on a hot day in the desert or over a BBQ grille cooking burgers. Its as if the air had been super-heated without the benefit of a fire.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
hero4hire said:
[OOC Diplomacy +8 roll for D-Man 19 all together for Vagabond, 13 all together for Gladiatrix]
Vagabond's posture noticably relaxes. Gladiatrix's however does not.
Vagabond: "Sure Den..Let's go."
Gladiatrix: (mocking Vagabond) "Sure Den..I can't believe you'd rather be with this little rag-doll then a real woman....Whatever your not worth my time." With that the near 7 foot woman storms off.
Vagabond: "Listen Dennis I'm sorry if I messed thing's up with your girlfriend, I was just happy to see one of our old group...."
{r--D-Man}

{17 diplomacy for Mr. Dunphy}

"Aww, it's fine. She just gets like that sometimes. Next time I see her it'll be like nothing happened. So what are you doing here, what have you been up to lately? It has been awhile."

Dennis continued to make small talk as they made their way through the crowd towards the front of the room. He kept his eyes open for any more trouble makers. He wasn't real worried about himself but Priscilla didn't have any powers to protect herself.

Rybaer

First Post
Maya is relieved when the situation is diffused, though she looks at the dissolving foam clinging to her clothes with a frown.

"Sure hope this stuff doesn't stain," she mutters.

She looks up at Joe. "I really hope they hurry along these interviews. Seems like there are a few in this bunch that have a little bit too much pent up energy to remain sitting around for very long."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

Paladin holstered his gun and smoothed his jacket over once things looked like they were calming down. He looked to Guardian, shrugged his shoulders as if to say what can we do.

Then he waited for Hammond to speak up again.

hero4hire

Explorer
After the fervor and shock have abated. Hammond continued to explain the process to which the applicants would go through. 1st an interview, then from there testing of the applicant's abilities, and then a 'hand's on' practical exercise. Hammond seems a little cryptic on the last point.
After thats said applicants start being seen one at a time for thier interview.

Rybaer

First Post
"Good," Maya says to Joe. "Nice to see them starting to move this show along."

She will attempt to sign in, get in line, or whatever it takes to get the application process going.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"Excellent!" Enchantress murmurs to herself, pleased that the interviews were finally getting underway. She did not want to have to stand among this rabble any more than she had to. “Well, let us make haste!” she says to Bison, offering him a brilliant smile, before moving to sign up, or whatever it was that she had to do.

Remove ads