Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
hero4hire said:
D-Man was initially suprised by the strength and skill of his attacker. Whoever it was, had to be super-strong, and was a skilled grappler to boot. But "Demolition" Dunphy didn't become a UCWF champion for nothing. Though his attacker was taller and had a leverage advantage, D-Man was able to get a leg between his opponent's and with a pivot of his body and a quick underhook he executed a textbook hip-toss. He was about to seize the advantage when he saw who was laying before him. Gladiatrix, a former female wrestler with the UCWF. She and Dennis had a brief "encounter" on the road once.
Gladiatrix:"Still like it rough I see." she said kipping up to her feet, and embraced D-Man, this time a bit more gently. Well a little bit anyway.
Vagabond: " AHEM! Hope I am not interrupting anything..."

After dropping his opponent onto his back, Dennis prepared to move in and finish him off. Only it wasn't a him. H looked down into the familiar face of Gladiatrix. "Whoa, Robin! What are you doing here?" He reached down to lend her a hand in getting up off the floor. Not that she needed it, it was more a gesture of kindness.

Dennis returned the hug. "Still keeping in shape I see. Wow, it's really great to see you. I didn't think I would see any familiar faces here."

He heard some one approach and turned to see Vagabond. "Priscilla!" He moved to her and lifted her up, spinning her around and ending with a big hug. Although, softer than the one just shared with Gladiatrix. "I haven't seen you forever. What's been going on, what have you been doing?"

Then Dennis remembered Gladiatrix standing behind him. She did not like to be ignored. "Oh. Uhh...Robin, Prisc...you two don't know each other, do ya?"

He really hoped he was not blushing as much as he thought he was.

OOC: Nice touch with Vagabond, I was always a fan!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

Paul continued to watch the proceedings, glad that he didn't have to tackle anyone just yet. Not being in uniform just yet would have made things interesting if he had to.

He wasn't wearing his mask, but a tailored Armani suit. His armor was underneath, and his gun was well concealed inside his jacket. The mask was on the otherside, keeping the proportions strict and smooth.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Bison: "Nice to meet you too...Are you here to join the team? I hope they pick me so I can get enough money for a cure! Waitaminute! You're a witch or something, can you turn me human again?"

Her smile fades slightly at the Bison's comment, but she quickly recovers. Witch? Why that stupid, good-for-nothing cow... "It is true that I have experience with the mystical arts. I might be able to help you. How did you end up in your... current state?"

xenos007

First Post
hero4hire said:
Oracle Enterprises, NYC: Today

There was electricity in the air. The man known as Blue Streak could feel the tingling of excitement through his cobalt blue armor. Man it was good to see some action again. Just being around all these capes started stirring up the old juices again. He just knew he was going to be a shoe-in for the team. How could they pass up such talent? Nothing was going to bring Blue Streak down today.

“Well lookie what the cat drug in!” Blue Streak immediately recognized the southern drawl before spinning on his wheels to see who was addressing him.
It was the Texas Twister his former team-mate when he was with SHIELD’s Super Agent program. He was a man Blue Streak had betrayed.

Texas Twister: “THUNDER-ation. We gots us a bonafide supervillain in our ranks boys. And it aint the first time he’s tried it neither!”

Blue Streak stares at Texas Twister momentarily, and says in the most unfeeling voice he can muster, " I am not that man anymore, he died a long time ago. It is time to make amends."

hero4hire

Explorer
Nuke261 said:
After dropping his opponent onto his back, Dennis prepared to move in and finish him off. Only it wasn't a him. H looked down into the familiar face of Gladiatrix. "Whoa, Robin! What are you doing here?" He reached down to lend her a hand in getting up off the floor. Not that she needed it, it was more a gesture of kindness.

Dennis returned the hug. "Still keeping in shape I see. Wow, it's really great to see you. I didn't think I would see any familiar faces here."

He heard some one approach and turned to see Vagabond. "Priscilla!" He moved to her and lifted her up, spinning her around and ending with a big hug. Although, softer than the one just shared with Gladiatrix. "I haven't seen you forever. What's been going on, what have you been doing?"

Then Dennis remembered Gladiatrix standing behind him. She did not like to be ignored. "Oh. Uhh...Robin, Prisc...you two don't know each other, do ya?"

He really hoped he was not blushing as much as he thought he was.

Dennis could tell from the icy way Gladiatrix was regarding Vagabond, she was NOT happy. Hopefully she wasn't going to do anything...Even though Vagabond could take care of herself, she didn't have any powers. Gladiatrix on the other hand recieved the same strength-augmenting treatments he had.

Gladiatrix: "Don't tell me you prefer this little runt over me!?"

Vagabond: "I'm sorry I don't under---"

Gladiatrix: "Save the innocent act little girl..."

Vagabond: "I don't know what bug crawled up your backside lady BUT..."

D-Man was just about to step in when the ruckus started around them....

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Unbidden, images of Matt flash through her mind. Get over it, dear, she tells herself. You've gotta live for the now, not the past.

"Yes, heartbreak seems to be a frequent companion," she says. "And it sounds like you've had more than your fair share of his company as well. I'm sorry to hear about your wife and son, Joe. Perhaps today will bring a positive turn. Each day is a second chance at life."

Joe got a far away look in his eye. At first Maya assumed it was out of sadness or some sort of memory. But Joe seemed to be focusing on something. Maya turned to see a section of the room's inhabitants about ready to explode...

hero4hire

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
Her smile fades slightly at the Bison's comment, but she quickly recovers. Witch? Why that stupid, good-for-nothing cow... "It is true that I have experience with the mystical arts. I might be able to help you. How did you end up in your... current state?"

Bison: "I used to be pretty decent ballplayer...But then I messed up my leg real bad. This dude Seth offered to heal me if I work for him for awhile. He turned me into this...Hey what the heck is going on over there?" Bison asked pointing to an angry bunch obviously ready to brawl.

hero4hire

Explorer
xenos007 said:
Blue Streak stares at Texas Twister momentarily, and says in the most unfeeling voice he can muster, " I am not that man anymore, he died a long time ago. It is time to make amends."

Texas Twister: "Died hunh? Ya look like the same varmit to me, got the same voice too...But you aint the only one here I see. Thare seem to be lotsa outlaws runnin' around this place. I thought this was 'Heroes for Hire'? Not some kinda supervillian convention!" Twister yells. He seems to get some nods of affirmation and some voices join him with a "Yeah" and "What the hell!" Like a wildfire the mood spreads about the room and soon half of the room is yelling and shouting at eachother. On one side established but perhaps obscure vigilantes the other "ex" supervillians turned heroes some perhaps still villians. One could not be sure.

hero4hire

Explorer
Keia said:
Paul continued to watch the proceedings, glad that he didn't have to tackle anyone just yet. Not being in uniform just yet would have made things interesting if he had to.

He wasn't wearing his mask, but a tailored Armani suit. His armor was underneath, and his gun was well concealed inside his jacket. The mask was on the otherside, keeping the proportions strict and smooth.

As Paul watched he saw a potential problem quickly esculate before his eyes. It soon seemed as if half the room were going to riot....It seemed Paladin would be taking someone on after all. But as Paul started to take off his jacket, Hammond put a hand on his shoulder.

Hammond: "Wait just a moment..."

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
BrotherGustadt said:
Torpedo

'Ahhh, jeez...I shouldn't have brought that up. Great. Ultra's always been a good guy and a decent friend, why'd I have to go and hit him with that?' Feeling like a Grade-A jackass, Torp looks on disinterestedly at the scrum that seems to be developing, between the co-ed wrestling and the apparently impending showdown between the Dime-Store Cowboy and some dude on roller skates. 'Did he just say thunderation?'

Torpedo observed the interaction between Twister and Blue Streak. It was soon getting out of hand. Brock remembered his own inflammatory words when trying to join the Defenders about the Hulk...and that didn't end to well.

Remove ads