Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

The man gave Krog an look, then turned his eye back on Tanya, "The only trouble here is what you're causing."

As he raised his voice, and looked like he was about to say something else but was cut off by the woman behind the counter. She yelled across the room at them, ignoring Jerrick, "Hey! You know we don't tolerate that kind of thing here, Chatrilon! And you two! If you want to act like ruffians go to Terrigan's!"

Ferrix

Explorer
Head shaking, "we're just looking for a decent rate," a flippant trill to the gnome's voice. "If someone was to be trying to scam out-of-towners, that wouldn't be very appreciated, and whoever did such a thing probably would lose a chance at continuous business."

Hedwan looks sidelong at Krog and Tanya, a look which says leave it be.

jpwic

First Post
Turning to the properitress Tanya says, "I'm sorry Ma'am, I did not mean to cause any trouble. I had noticed he had been staring at us since we entered so I was just wondering if he knew someithing. Well at any rate maybe you can help me? As you can probably tell we are pretty new in this area, I was just trying to find out from Chatrilon there what the general situation in the town is, except he was not being very helpful. We are just looking to see if some work is available."

The woman behind the counter gave Hedwan an annoyed look, "These are the best rooms and food in town. No one is scamming out of towners around here. If you've got a problem with that, you can take it up with Vesta. I'd wait however, as she's trying to sleep at the moment."

She seemed to ignore what Tanya had said, but they all noticed that the badly played music had stopped. There was a careful shuffling of feet, and the Elf stepped over to Tanya, mumbling, "You...you're adventurers?"

jpwic

First Post
Tanya turns to face the elf. "Yeah, we are. My name is Tanya Greenfingers and my wolf here is named Pads Quietly Over Snow or just Pads for short. Is there something we can help you with?

Ferrix

Explorer
"Well, I'm not paying almost twice the going rate for an incredibly fine Inn, for a common inn with a fading sign and a seemingly fading reputation." Hedwan then turns to pay attention to the elf, nodding at Tanya, the gnome remains silent.

The Elf gave Hedwan an almost critizing look, "I'm painting the sign later this week. This is the best Inn within at least a hundred miles, and you get what you pay for," carefully, he lowered his voice, "Besides, its not a good idea to insult Maridosen," he indicated the woman behind the counter, who was giving Hedwan a dirty look, "She's just a little rough with people, don't judge the place by her."

After a moment, he glanced around and seemed to lower his voice even more, "Don't get many adventurers around here. Tried my hand at it a few times but I'm just...well, not that good at anything," the Elf indicates his lute and smiles weakly, "If you're lookin for adventure there is that old moathouse not too far from here."

The man, Chatrilon obviously heard this, and laughed, "There's nothin' out in that old place. I was down there just yesterday. Empty! Just as its been for the last fifteen years."

DarkMaster

First Post
Moathouse? Why would we be interest in an old Ruin Elf. Krog pauses realising that he just called the elf elf. "My name is Krog, what is yours elf"

Krog has a hard time hidding his dislike of elves and might even sound rude.

OOC Diplomacy -2

jpwic

First Post
"Quiet over there," Tanya barks at Chatrilon, "What was this about a moathouse? Nobody seems to want to talk all that much in this town. While we are at it, why don't you let me buy you an ale, so you can wet your throat while we talk some more." With that Tanya orders some ale for her and the party and the elf, she then tosses some money on the counter to cover the costs of the drinks.

Remove ads